Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Stock Speaker Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 09:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Speaker Wiring

on my camaro looks like the previous owner had removed the speakers that are in the panels of the back seat (6" woofers/monsoon system). i ordered new ones but he had cut teh plug on the factory wires that plugs into the speakers. one of the wires is blue with a white or black stripe (cant remember) and the other wire is green. there is an A terminal and a B terminal on the speakers. i believe the B is the positive terminal. i dont know which wire goes to which. my thoughts are that the blue/stripped wire goes to the B terminal (positive i think) but i just want to make sure. anyone that knows FOR SURE please chime in.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:00 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

On the left side, the dark blue with white wire is the subwoofer positive and the light green with black wire is the negative. On the right side, the dark green wire is positive and the light blue with black wire is negative. (Basically, the black-striped wire is negative on both sides and the other wire is positive regardless of color.)

The A terminal is negative and the B terminal is positive on the speakers.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or you can check out this link on the Camaro amplifier pinout:

http://www.houston-f-body.org/tech/m.../AmpCamaro.htm

Good luck,
Don