Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Loud beep coming from driver side speaker?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 01:45 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Loud beep coming from driver side speaker?

I have no idea what the hell is going on.

I was on my way to the store with the radio off, faceplate in the console. I hear this loud, brief, somewhat-high-pitched "BEEP" come from my driver side speaker or thereabouts. I thought it was weird, but kept going. On the way back from the store, it did it again.

I have a theory though. When my faceplate is on, I hear a buzzing noise coming through the speakers. You can drown it out by turning the volume higher, but even if the volume is down and I change Source, it stays buzzing. I think it may have something to do with my driver door speaker shorting out or something? I had the window stabalizer bar replaced recently in that door and maybe the speaker is touching something it shouldn't be? That wouldn't quite explain why it would take so long for it to start doing it. Although, I have had issue with my DRL's having a mind of their own since then.

Anyway, I could write a novel. Thoughts?
Old 08-06-2006, 02:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a shot in the dark, but cell phones can cause speaker interference sometimes. Try putting your cell phone close to the speaker and see if it's the same sound. I'm guessing you have a cell phone, who the hell doesn't
Old 08-06-2006, 03:24 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's kind of funny you mention cell phone. I was wondering where mine was and then it dawned on me... it was in the car. Sure enough, it dropped into the door slot thing at the bottom while I was driving. I had a missed call.

Last edited by Morbid; 07-16-2008 at 04:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Loud beep coming from driver side speaker?