Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Where to look...

Old 11-17-2002, 11:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to look...

Here's the scenario. Recently, it has started to drop into the 40's at night here. When it is colder outside and I turn on my radio, the power antenna will not come up. At the same time, the rear speakers only put out low tones and no highs. After about 10, and sometimes as high as 30, minutes the antenna will pop up and the rear speakers will put out their full range of sound. This happened last year and I meant to have it looked at but forgot about it until last night. This condition does not happen during the hot summers...only now. Where is this short happening? Any ideas are appreciated.
Old 11-21-2002, 10:53 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Where to look...

TTT
Old 12-02-2002, 03:18 PM
On The Tree

TTT
Old 12-02-2002, 08:18 PM
TECH Resident

Is this a factory system?, If not,How many components are there? Did you install it? are the wiring connections solid ? Does this problem happen only at a specific time, in a specific place?...etc. Need more info bro!
Old 12-11-2002, 01:00 AM
TECH Resident

Snootch- Factory system but I just added the GM power antenna. I didn't do the wiring...just the mounting of the antenna. This is only outside temperature specific. When it gets ~ 55* or less, it will happen. During the spring/summer it never happens. Any thoughts? The speakers freaking out and the antenna not popping up are directly related for sure...almost like a grounding out somewhere?

Search this Thread