Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

2 subs / amp

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 05:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 subs / amp

Hey guys,
I'm thinking about purchasing 2 12"s for my car. I don't want top of the line, but i dont want anything thats a piece of crap, also, i have t-tops, so im thinking about either a milhouse box or 2 stealth boxes. I was just wondering what u guys reccommended for around 6-800 dollars or less, i need 2 subs, amp, and a box, (or 2 if stealth). Also, would i need to get an aftermarket head unit, because i like the stock look, but if aftermarket helps, then i would need one of those as well.

Thanks
Scott
Old 03-22-2005, 07:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

JL Audio
Old 03-22-2005, 07:50 PM
Launching!

Image Dynamics or Elemental Designs for some FANTASTIC subs under $150 a piece and a matching MTX amp for whatever watts you want to put in them.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:18 PM
12 Second Club

Our cars sound great with subs, due to the hatchback. 2 10's would blow your mind compared to most cars. I have 2 JL audio 10w0's in a Millhouse box running off a old school 2150x amp, with a capacitor and really hits hard. Even with the T tops off the system booms. I recommend a aftermarket stereo, I bought a Kenwood mp922 refurbished for cheap(around $125) and it has every control you would need, turned off the bass frequency on the Monsoon speakers and use the subs for all the bass, sounds great and saves from blowing the monsoon speakers. Have to add the price of install kits and wires etc in the total your trying to stay in. You can use a stock HU, did for a couple years, but night and day difference between the stock and Kenwood. You will need a line to rca converter to use a amp. Any decent subwoofer will sound good. You just need a good amp to run them.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:48 AM
Launching!

hey man....get a pair of 12" kenwood excelon subwoofers (about $250 new on ebay) and power them with a Treo SSX750.1 amplifier....you will also want to get a battery capacitator for your amplifier if you go this route....a good one to get is the stinger SXCAP1.2M.....at any rate, I just put this same system in an 01' mercury cougar and it is definitely the loudest system in town so you will be very pleased it will cost about a grand in the end but it's worth it