Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

bypass amp?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 04:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default bypass amp?

i just put in a h/u should i bypass the amp with stock speakers? should i wait till i put my aftermarket ones in, or should i not bypass at all?
Old 08-27-2006, 07:10 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

No need to bypass the amp if you keep the stock speakers - the amp is probably the best part of the Monsoon system (compared to the cheap speakers and a head unit with lots of distortion). Even after you upgrade the speakers later there is no real need to bypass the amp unless you decide to put a better aftermarket one in.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It'll sound worse if you bypass the amp. Unless you are adding an aftermarket amp, keep using the monsoon amp and hook up any aftermarket speakers appropriately to said amp. The wiring for the new speakers will be a little more complicated but you'll be much better off using the monsoon amp then not.

The only exception would be if you have one of those Panasonic digital amp h/u's that are like 30rms/70 peak per channel. That you would probably re-wire for.

Otherwise the monsoon is a better amp.

If you will eventually be adding an aftermarket amp, I would do it at the same time as the speakers to avoid having to change the wiring around twice.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i bought the alpines that were sopposed to sound better then stock with the monsoon amp. but i dont think it did. what amp would be good to push thoughs and i guess the rear fills and tweeters?