Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Why is my system not working?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 03:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Why is my system not working?

For some reason, my system only works for a small amount of time(like 10 seconds) and then it stops pounding! Am I not getting enough power or something? Any fuses I need to check or something? Please help cause it is driving me nuts!
Old 08-27-2006, 03:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright, I'm going to GUESS since there are no details. You've mixed Monsoon componants with aftermarket componants (ie monsoon headunit with aftermarket speakers) and it's not happy.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:54 PM
What's a Sticky?

Check to see if the fuse on the power cable is loose. I got a cheap one from walmart and it was wiggling around and my **** would quit working. I bought a good Rockford Fosgate AGU fuse holder and fuse from best buy and replaced the old shitty one. Works like a dream now.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 97MysticZ
Check to see if the fuse on the power cable is loose. I got a cheap one from walmart and it was wiggling around and my **** would quit working. I bought a good Rockford Fosgate AGU fuse holder and fuse from best buy and replaced the old shitty one. Works like a dream now.
Ditto that ^^^ I am struggling with the same problem. I even noticed when I would turn a corner, it would sometimes come on for a second.

The other - and more common issue - is that your ground is not sufficient for your amp. Check the ground to make sure it is secure and make sure that your ground wire is short enough. It shouldn't be much more than 3 feet in length.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

IF you have added new speakers and grounded your amp on the nut holding down the seat belt return make sure no metal from the speaker is touching that same piece of grounded metal. Also like stated above check ground and make sure you have got the ground location sanded clean as possible, no rust or paint. Good luck man!!

Last edited by 98TA Bandit; 08-28-2006 at 11:38 PM.