Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Pioneer Premier...Am I headed in the right direction??

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 01:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pioneer Premier...Am I headed in the right direction??

Well after a couple of long discussions with friends, I think I have finaly come to a conclusion on what I want to do with my audio system. Let me be the first to tell you that I am no pro when I comes to car audio, so I am up for any suggestions. The whole monsoon system is garbage I think, So I am completly getting rid of it. (AMP,HU, & Speakers) For a HU, I am going with Pioneer Premier DEHP780MP. For door and sail panel speakers, I am going with Premier 6 1/2 " 4 ways. This will be powered by a 4- Channel Premier amp. When time and money allow, I have a JL Audio 500/1 Class D amp that I want to push a 10" W7. Just wanted to see what you guys think. When I do the install I will put some pics up for ya.

Josh
Old 12-16-2006, 11:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the speakers are 6 3/4" FYI I had 6.5's in my last truck and thought that GM would use the same size throughout. They didn't.

Where do you want to mount the 10"? Everything else sounds ok, though I don't know much about pioneer, it sounds about what I want todo, maybe with different brands though (just my preference at the moment).

Josh
Old 12-17-2006, 12:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They're 6.5" OVersized. 6.5" or 6.75" work. While I like Pioneer HU's alot, their speakers and amps are nothing special. I'd go with Infinity or the like, and Alpine Type R or S for the sub.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

defiantly in the right direction. in my opinion it doesnt get any better then pioneer premier
Old 12-17-2006, 03:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
In my opinion it doesnt get any better then pioneer premier
Really? Huh... guess I should listen to some Premiers!
Old 12-17-2006, 04:29 PM
Teching In

As Soon as I get every thing hooked up, I will let you guys know how it sounds. Most likly right after Christmas. As far as the Premier Speakers, I had the Infinity Kappa 6 1/2 3-way next to it and it sounded maginally cleaner at high levels, but didn't produce as good as mid-bass as the pioneer did. I thought the Premier would be a better all around speaker. Thanks for input and commets.

Josh
Old 12-17-2006, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

the aluminum rockford fosgates sound good if you like a lot of treble, but im not sure what you are looking for. they have two tweeters mounted in the middle and being aluminum, they should last a loooong time