Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Head Unit Q's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head Unit Q's?

Ok... When I got my t/a the factory sub speakers sounded blown (monsoon system). So, I went out and replaced all speakers with rockfords (didn't research and got a deal through a friend). 3-ways in the doors 4 back are 2 ways. We ended up having to power the factory sub location ones splicing a wire off hatch speakers b/c the bass was to much since I failed to get the correct speakers.
I've been wanting a new deck and I'm still confused on whether or not there would be any benefit? My friend suggested I just buy a new highs amp and deck and bypass all the monsoon. I'd really rather spend the money on performance mods, but a new deck would be nice. So, I guess the question is, with aftermarket speakers, and factory amp, what benefits is there with an aftermarket deck? Louder? Clearer? Etc...

Thanks,

Kyle
Old 01-19-2007, 11:05 AM
12 Second Club

All of the above. The sound will definitely improve, especially with aftermarket speakers, and ESPECIALLY if you're powering those speakers off of their own amp. The signal will be much cleaner and you have some nice EQ functions with a lot of head units. For a typical single din, I'm partial to the Alpine 9857 or 9856 (the display is the only diff for about 100 bux or so) lol.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

Hmmm... so it'd be worth it to buy a new deck with factory amp... how does it hook up to the monsoon amp?
Old 01-19-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pizza King
Hmmm... so it'd be worth it to buy a new deck with factory amp... how does it hook up to the monsoon amp?
IMO, yes.

Hookup to monsoon is simple, and requires simply making connection with the factory harness - preferably with a wiring harness (rather than splicing into lines or whatever). Scosche makes an adapter to better integrate with the stock system, but it is not necessary. Volume control may be a little sensitive, that's all.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:11 PM
On The Tree

Alright, thanks all for your input.

Kyle