Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

OEM cd changer

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 08:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OEM cd changer

Got a line on once, since my car didn't come with one. I know all Monsoon-equipped f-bodies are wired for them, but my question is: once it's installed, how do I control it? Don't really see anything on the OEM deck (single cd) that leads me to think it'd controlled by that.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:47 AM
10 Second Club

the (2) button selacts a different cd.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

How much of a PITA is it to hook up and mount? Any write ups?
Old 02-03-2007, 09:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not hard plug and play. You need to order the mounting brackets from the dealer. The only hard part is mounting the brackets, I think they tack weld them at the factory. I used JB weld to install the brackets. Let it set up and dry and installed the changer looks perfect. That was over 5 years ago.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by scrmnss
Not hard plug and play. You need to order the mounting brackets from the dealer. The only hard part is mounting the brackets, I think they tack weld them at the factory. I used JB weld to install the brackets. Let it set up and dry and installed the changer looks perfect. That was over 5 years ago.
Do you have any pictures of yours? I've never seen the actual setup, so I don't know exactly how it should go in.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Bear in mind that the changer may not work with your 99 T/A. It wasn't until late in the '99 model year that the single CD head unit got the capability to control an external changer. So, it's kind of a crap shoot with yours.

All of the head unit buttons work the same way for the changer as they do for the single CD in the head unit except that the unmarked "4" button is used to switch to the next disc in the changer. Press the CD/Play button once to switch from radio to head unit CD and a second time to switch to the changer.