Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

installing seat heaters

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 11:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default installing seat heaters

I posted a thread similar tho this in appearence and detailing but it doesn't seem like there is any actual tech going on over there

I want to install some seat heaters into two firehawk seats I picked up. They ask for a 10 amp ignition switched. I was going to put it into the ASR switch but I already have my cut out switch tapped into that. Would I be able to use that and still not blow anything, or is there another line I can tap off of. Or, am I forced to run another wire to the fuse box, which I don't want to do because it looks crappy.

Also, has anyone installed these before? How the hell do you get the seat covers off? I have the four screws holding the plastic piece but it is still held on, most likely by the "buttons" on the side, but I don't want to break it.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:14 AM
On The Tree

you have to take the whole thing apart, i did it and had to seperate the back from the bottom. then the off white plastic clips are what hold the majority of the material to the frame.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...and use a 2nd Foglight switch in the dash with appropriate timing circuit & fuses. Easy!
Old 02-16-2007, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

u shud put a vibrating one on the misses side
Old 02-17-2007, 11:11 PM
TECH Regular

I put heated seats in my Firehawk 4 years ago.
I have two lighted toggle switches (off and on) for each seat in the center console just aft of the drink holder.
Because of the overall complexity of being able to properly hardwire them and also professionally installing the pads and not ruining the car in the process, I had a pro do mine at an automotive custom interior shop.
Finding someone who could handle both the safe removal of both seats AND being able to handle the electronics was not an easy task, but it was done properly.
With temps in the low 50's today, I had mine on and was toasty while driving the Hawk around under a clear blue South Florida sky.
Since it was never an option ever on any F-Body, it's a pretty cool mod to have.