Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Speaker Hook Up Q

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 06:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker Hook Up Q

I am no good with hooking up speakers. So if i hook up speakers and they barely move does that mean i did it wrong. or if i hooked them up completely wrong they won t work at all. I am trying to hook up EU 700's in a trans am and dont know what pos and neg thaknks
Old 04-10-2007, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool

Originally Posted by pipes_ta
I am no good with hooking up speakers. So if i hook up speakers and they barely move does that mean i did it wrong. or if i hooked them up completely wrong they won t work at all. I am trying to hook up EU 700's in a trans am and dont know what pos and neg thaknks
Do you have a voltmeter?

When you turn balance **** left to right from center does the sound level go down or gets louder?

Last edited by Kage; 04-10-2007 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:27 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The terminals on the EU subs are marked + and - so all you really need is which factory wires are which. The following list has the wire colors in pairs for each channel on each side. Just connect the factory wires to the corresponding terminals on the subs - it doesn't matter which pair of wires goes to which pair of terminals as long as you keep the pairs together.

Left side:
Tan +, White -
Dark blue with white +, Light green with black -

Right side:
Red +, Tan -
Dark green +, Light blue with black -
Old 04-11-2007, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
The terminals on the EU subs are marked + and - so all you really need is which factory wires are which. The following list has the wire colors in pairs for each channel on each side. Just connect the factory wires to the corresponding terminals on the subs - it doesn't matter which pair of wires goes to which pair of terminals as long as you keep the pairs together.

Left side:
Tan +, White -

Right side:
Red +, Tan -
**** i thought he was talking speakers not subs. LOLzzzz!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2007, 10:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Left side:
Tan +, White -

Right side:
Red +, Tan -

I was trying to find this info out earlier today so I could answer his question in the EU-700 install thread but I couldn't find it anywhere. Good info!

So if i hook up speakers and they barely move does that mean i did it wrong
the only way you could wire them up for them not to get any sound would be to wire two positives or two negatives together on the same voice coil, which would probably mess your amp up. If you have them wired and they are working, then you either have them wired in phase (correct) or out of phase with each other. If they are out of phase, then you will be getting some serious bass cancellation. As far as them not moving much, this is a result of them not being very sensitive and requiring quite a bit of volume to get them to play loud. This is the main reason why I sold mine and went with some CDT M6's.