Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

What's wrong with my Bose??

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 03:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What's wrong with my Bose??

I have a 94 Z with the factory Bose CD, anyway now when I play a CD I only get music out of the passenger door and the rear factory sub. The driver's door kinda buzzes especially when you turn the volume ****. It only does it with a CD, the radio functions are fine and plays through all three speakers??Where could I send this to have it fixed??
Old 08-31-2007, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

ummm its Bose that's whats wrong. I know it doesn help at all, just my .02
Old 08-31-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't have the money to rip out everything and start over. I'd like a quick fix.... Actually I enjoy listening to my cam over the radio.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it works fine on radio and such, and only does it on CD, then you should probably hit ebay for replacement head unit.

You could tear it apart and check the CD drive cable, but I don't think that head unit should be too expensive to pick up a used one. Probably cheapest way out.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

What is the CD drive cable and what is it's function?? Would it make that buzzing noise out of one speaker and no sound?
Old 09-01-2007, 09:52 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

What he's saying is that if everything works on radio but not on CD then the problem is not with the speakers, wiring, or anything external to the head unit. Something is wrong with the CD drive in the head unit. It could be the drive cable that positions the beam head, it could be the beam head itself, or it could be in the signal processing circuit. In any case, it's not repairable - at least not for any reasonable price. Find yourself an inexpensive replacement on eBay. Just make sure it's a Bose unit because (unlike Monsoon systems) the Bose head unit is different from standard ones.