Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Few sail panel questions.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Few sail panel questions.

Ok first off im a little bit of a newb when it comes to stereo stuff. My first question is, what is the max mount depth you can have in the sail panel location? And also the stockers are a 4ohm DVC correct? And finally does anyone know if the JL audio 8W0 or 6W0 subs are a SVC or a DVC, and is anyone using Audiobahn's 6.5in midbass sub?

Thanks Jon
Old 09-07-2007, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2 ohm SVC for Camaro

dual 4 ohm for Pontiac
Old 09-08-2007, 03:59 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Elemental Designs are the only dvc 6.5". All the others are svc and are usually 4ohm. Infinity and RE Audio have a single voice coil 6.5" driver with 2ohms in their component set and Infinity has 2ohm coaxial 2way and 3way speakers. As far as a stand alone midbass driver the eD is the only one with 2ohms or dvc.
The Audiobahns are inexpensive but generally not a very good quality speaker and are 4ohm. From my experiences with them they tend to blow pretty easily. I was at a show where their was an Audiobahn equipped show truck from a pretty well known shop here that kept blowing speakers and subs. After awhile they just turned it off and let people just look at it. They look cool though!!