Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Re-wire or not

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-wire or not

I am going to run the front door speakers off my amp. Should I run new wire for them or can I just tie in to the monsoon amp and use the wires it had already going to them? If I can do this what wires do I need to tie in to?

If I should run new wire whats a good gauge for 60 watts RMS? Also what gauge of speaker wire is good for a sub?
Old 09-14-2007, 10:14 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Run the new wire and just leave the stock harness in place. I recommend no less than 16ga unless you have a longer run to the rear of the vehicle. Then I'd you may want to step up to 12ga but 16ga would still probably be ok.
For a sub the 12ga would still be acceptable but again, you may want to go up one to 10ga. I guess if you were to use 12ga overall you'd should be fine and save having to buy 2 or three different gauges of wire.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

16 for speakers
12 for sub

id run new wire, you can use the stock its up to you. But IMO just run new wire its not that hard, to get into the doors a coathanger is ur friend