Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

im havin alarm issues just recently

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 05:24 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default im havin alarm issues just recently

alright well just recently i have had my power steering pump replaced on my 98 formula... This probally has nothing to do with my problem but this just started to happen after this got fixed. I have an after market stereo alpine head, 6 channel amp, 10 inch sub in sub thump box, alpines speakers in the front and kicker speakers in the sails.. When i open my door its suppose 2 cut out power because it used to cut it out when the doors would be open and the key wasnt in the ignition, now i notice that sometimes my stereo still plays... and my alarm just started to go off at random times and im not sure if its because my stereo is goin off inside my car or if my alarm is just acting up... i hit the remote on my keys and it stops but its annoying and my neighbors are startin to not like me very much lol ... soo what can I do?
Old 09-25-2007, 09:38 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Sounds like the door switch on the driver's side is dirty, out of alignment, or defective. Try cleaning it with spray contact cleaner first. If that doen't work then try adjusting it - there is a small amount of adjustment in the mount. The door switch is responsible for activating the courtesy lights, shutting down the retained accessory power, and activating the alarm system. The switch is in the door latch rather than being a pin switch in the door jamb like older cars had.

Another less likely possibility is that the BCM is bad or the wires in the BCM connector are loose.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:18 PM
Launching!

i dunno what it is.. but i opened the door and the stereo magically turns on and off whenever it pleases... thus might be setting my alarm off... i take out my headunit when i leave my car but im not sure if that solves the problem or not it still may play...cuz my alarm went off again last night at like 3 am.. i opened up the drivers side panel and unplugged the top part and put it back on, it seems 2 be fine, i dont know if its the stereo or if the alarm but i kno that power shouldnt be going into the stereo when the doors are open and the keys are not in the ignition soo this is just weird, i might just bring it back to the mechanic who did my power steering and see what he has to say.. i dont want to bring this into the dealership because they charge out of the whazooo just for looking at it... what would you guys do? and when you say latch are you talking about the electric panel that controls the windows or the black thing to actually open and close the door should i just take the whole door panel off and try again?

Last edited by 98FoRmULa_BiRd; 09-27-2007 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Launching!

alright well 2day my battery died and i had 2 jump start my car... this issue is gettin 2 be really annoying and serious soo can i please have some help... the stereo plays when the keys are not in the ignition and leave my car parked acc power is still working why???