Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Battery Relocation Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 12:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Relocation Question

I need to move my battery to the back, and I was wondering how everyone runs their wires. Do you guys run it through the cab or under the car? The battery will sit in the spare tire spot.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:50 AM
TECH Resident

I ran mine through the cab. But i put the battery back under the hood. My car is a daily driver and i kept having issues with the charge. I did it for the weight distribution but it was not worth the problems and not that much weight is move back (about 30 pounds).
Old 09-25-2007, 11:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I ran mine through the firewall on the passenger side, into the kick panel area, into the rocker, in between the sinner/outer skins through the sail panel area, into the area where the spare tire used to be. & I love run-on sentences!
Old 09-26-2007, 05:58 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran mine though the inside as well. I also added a bigger CCA red top Optima. No charging issues in over 2 years.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks guys, It looks like most people run it through the cab.

Originally Posted by 5301113
I ran mine through the cab. But i put the battery back under the hood. My car is a daily driver and i kept having issues with the charge. I did it for the weight distribution but it was not worth the problems and not that much weight is move back (about 30 pounds).
I wonder what would cause the problems. I have known DD cars to do this with no problems. This is a DD car, but I am not doing this for weight distribution... I need to make room for some goodies.