Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

High pitch noise?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 03:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High pitch noise?

Ive got a high pitch noise coming from my speakers, an it seems as I go through the gears it gets more high pitched. Some have told me to put a filter in an check all my grounds but this really isnt my favorite part of the pie so I need some help cause this noise is drivin me crazy. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:28 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this a factory Monsoon system or aftermarket amplification? Need a little more to go on but generally these types of noises are caused by bad grounds or bad/cheap RCA's that are allowing noise into the signal path. Also if it is an aftermarket system with RCA's, if the RCA's were run too close to the power to the amp this can cause unwanted noise. Most of these issues are usually accompanied by an aftermarket amp though not a factory system.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

No its the monsoon factory stuff, and it hasnt been messed with at all. When it comes to electronics im a idiot so if you have any ideas on what I should check im afriad your gonna have to spell it out for me. But any help at all is much apreciated cause this noise is killin me!
Old 09-27-2007, 05:34 PM
TECH Resident

take it somwhere to get the grounds checked or redone........... other than that, the amplifier or stereo may need to be replaced.