Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Theftlock not lighting on dash, but on radio

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 10:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Theftlock not lighting on dash, but on radio

My theftlock light does not light on the dash, but will flash on the radio. How can i test this? Is it a bulb that can be replaced?
Old 09-27-2007, 10:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Unlock the car, pop the hatch but don't lift it. Make sure the dome lights go out (to ensure the car thinks the hatch is closed so the alarm will set). Hit the lock on your key fob. Wait a minute or two, then lift the hatch open. If the alarm blares then you know it is just the LED isn't working on your dash for some reason. If it doesn't then your alarm system isn't working right.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:35 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The light on the radio and the one on the dash are totally unrelated. The radio LED is for the TheftLock - a feature that is supposed to prevent the radio from being used in another vehicle (it locks up the radio once power is removed). The LED on the dash is for the vehicle's content theft deterrent system (a very basic car alarm).

Testing is even easier than suggested above. Just close all the doors and lock them using the remote key fob. Then unlock the door using the key instead of the remote. When you open the door the alarm should sound.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh yeah duh I forgot about that /smacks forehead
Old 09-28-2007, 10:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hm.. Well apparently someone tried stealing this car before, and the anti-theft system had to be rebuilt, and approved. I wonder if it even still works..