Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

ipod+head unit HELP!!!

Old 10-09-2007, 01:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ipod+head unit HELP!!!

Well I bought a brand new 8gb video ipod nano from a buddy and I decided I wanted to hook it up to my head unit in my car, which is a Pioneer DEH-P6800MP. It has an port on the face plate for an adapter for an ipod, which is sold seperately. OK No problem Ill just plug it into the AV input jacks in the back of the head unit. The problem now is that it only plays out of the front two speakers. Not out of the rear or subs. So I figured its my Head Unit, so I plug it into my roomates in his truck which I know works with his older video ipod, and it does the same thing, plays only out of the front two speakers. I cant figure this **** out. Anybody have any idea what the deal is? Thanks, Cale
Old 10-09-2007, 08:23 AM
Teching In

ttt anyone got ideas?
Old 10-09-2007, 08:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

go to radioshack and buy a 1/8 inch stereo cable that plugs into the port on the front
Old 10-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Teching In

we tried that, its actually smaller then 1/8th inch, its like 5/32" jack or something. I have a Y adapter running into my aux on my HU in my truck, and my older ipod plays fine through all the speakers.

it seems like a formating issue with his new Ipod, not the HU, since it did the same thing in my known good system.

Search this Thread