Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Head Unit Wiring Harness Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 07:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head Unit Wiring Harness Question

Hey everyone,

I just bought a Pioneer Premier DEH-P590IB Head Unit, and got all the install tools. However, after looking at the wiring diagrams in the Monsoon FAQ (I have a Monsoon system), I noticed that the wiring harness I bought was missing some wires.

Namely, the wiring harness is missing cables for
Pin 6 parking light input (lets the radio know when headlights are on so it will dim the display)
Pin 11 (Convertible) amplifier sensor
Pin 14 steering wheel controls input
Pin 16 (Camaro) vehicle speed sensor input for automatic volume- (Shouldnt matter, I drive a Firebird.)

The steering wheel controls are particulary important since I'm installing a SWI-PS.

Also, I drive a 2001 Pontiac Firebird Convertible Automatic.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm just a little confused. I dont even know if the pioneer Head Unit will have these cables, or even how to wire the Pin 11 (Convertible) amplifier sensor.

Also, the Wiring harness I bought was from Wal-Mart, it's a Scosche '88-UP GENERAL MOTORS GMDA Car Stereo Wiring Connector. It's nice since it was only $6 and came with antenea adaptor.
Attached Thumbnails Head Unit Wiring Harness Question-img_1608-1-.jpg   Head Unit Wiring Harness Question-img_1611-1-.jpg  

Last edited by JimmySprinkle; 10-13-2007 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Forgot wiring harness model
Old 10-14-2007, 01:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I think I solved my own problem. For convienience of not splicing into factory wires, I fabricated some additional pins for the radio harness.

Quick Reply: Head Unit Wiring Harness Question