Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

component system

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 11:54 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default component system

first and foremost, i really dont know much on audio. however i do understand that for the monsoon system, the tweeters and woofers are powered by two different amps(front door speakers). now my question is: can i use a component sytem with crossover and separate tweeters similar to this on:

INFINITY KAPPA 60.7CS 6.5"

*just used for reference, i dont know if its a decent system or not. I wanted to know if it would be worth while or even possible to use a system like this instead of modding a set op the common type-s speakers used in the writeup floating around here.

and just for reference, im not a sound guru or particular, just like clean full range sound. i am also going to be using the elemental designs 6.5" midbass drivers in the sail panel like in the write up around here as well. thanks for the help in advance.

also, if this is possible, what would a decent system be, tryign to keep to around a 100 dollar budget. ive seen mb quart, boston acoustics, and infinities all on ebay for around this price.

Last edited by Hennytime; 10-16-2007 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes that will work, you just wont use that crossover thats included. Check out the polk db6501 its a nice set as well. I wouldnt go with anything too high end becuase it will probally have a higher power handling, giving it lower sensitivity, meaning it wont get as loud with stock power
Old 10-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They will work as long as you have a place to mount the tweeter. Camaros have coaxials as you know, not components so he would have to mount the tweeter somewhere. Mike@Fbodyaudio has some really nice tweeter mounts that replace the triangle pieces by the mirror. This is a great spot to mount the tweeters.
I also have some really nice replacements that work with your stock wiring and fit in the stock location. PM sent!!
Old 10-16-2007, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Elemental Designs also makes a pair of converitable components so you can mount the tweeter in the center of the woofer or sepeately. The EDI6000sV2
Old 10-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Banned

Yep, so does CDT. CL-61CV's, and I've sold those to several members on here. They like them alot. Great sound quality and very versatile.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive read that the monsoon front speakers are 2ohms and most of the component systems im seeing are rated at 4ohms. can i just wire them up and run them? what are the pros and cons of doing this. for the rear midbasses im getting dual 4ohm voice coils so i can run them at 2ohms, but what about hte fronts ith single 4ohm voice coils?
Old 10-18-2007, 08:35 AM
TECH Addict

Yes, you can use 4 ohm speakers. Depending on the speakers you use, they may not go as loud with the stock amp.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:49 PM
Banned

Actually, they go louder in some cases as they can handle more power without distortion so they maintain clarity at high volume.