Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

How to pop my hatch!!!????

Old 10-24-2007, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to pop my hatch!!!????

i have a 94 firebird v-6 in addition to my trans am and zo6. It just sits outside. It was wrecked and i havnt driven it in about 3 years. Its waiting for a complete overhaul with an lt-4. Anyway, right now, id like to take off the tailights, theyre honeycomb, and clean up all the wiring. BUT, my key wont work in the trunk, and the e-brake is half unassembled so that the brake dummy light doesnt come on. So that means the car doesnt think the brake is being applied and it wont pop the hatch by the switch. I dont feel like hunting down the parts for the ebrake and i a already had a new key made so i dont feel like switching out the whole lock tumbler assembly both are too time consuming and too much work and too expensive to just get my tailights off. Any ideas? Anyone know how to bypass the switch so it will open even though the ebrake dummy light isnt triggered? Its frustrating.......
Old 10-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

The parking brake switch is a simple grounding switch so you can fake out the system by just grounding the wire that went to the switch.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds simple, where is the wire? Is it the one that runs down there? Cause actually in the state of the car theres like 4 harnessed wires that look exactly the same. What colors are they?

Search this Thread