Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Ignition fuse popping

Old 10-26-2007, 07:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ignition fuse popping

I have a short somewhere and don't know where to look next. I switched from a T56 to Th400 recently. Finally got the car driving last night and got maybe 10 miles and the car shorted out mid drive but engine stayed on. So I limped it home and turned it off as something didn't feel right. Went to start it up and nothing happened. Lights turned on, but no crank.

Found out the 50A Ignition fuse in the number two fuse block is popped. The dome light turns on, as does the stereo, but the headlights, gauges, odometer and such won't turn on. Well they will with a new fuse but the second you go from the on to the start position it pops the fuse.

I traced the pink 12awg wire from the ignition back and it looks fine. Any suggestions or am I looking in the wrong place? Could the starter wiring cause any of this? I really don't know where to go next.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

i'll look at some schematics and see what i can find. send me an email if you dont hear from me by tuesday.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check your starter shield... it it might be shorting out...thanks and good luck

Search this Thread