Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sirius Monsoon questions.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Default Sirius Monsoon questions.

I read the Monsoon sticky but I just have 2 quick questions. I just installed Sirius. Everything is fine.

1. Is there a port somewhere on the Monsoon, an 'aux in' that I can directly connect to? For the FM. On the back or no? It works fine but a direct connection would be best, it says.

2. I want to ditch the power plug in to the cigarette lighter. Where are you guys wiring the power to, other than that.

I stuck the antenna on the outside of the rear window glass at the top and ran the wire up through the headliner and mounted the Sirius unit on the front windshield on the passenger side of the rearview mirror. Wires are mostly hidden, looks good. I'm happy with it so far but looking for advice. The whole plugging power into the lighter plug just has to go. Thanks.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:44 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 140 Posts

You can convert the CD-Changer port to RCA AUX-IN using a PIE GM9-AUX. That is what I use with my XM.

To ditch the power plug, you'll have to disassemble it. Many of those power plugs have a power inverter in them. You'll need to retain that power inverter and hardwire its +/- inputs somewhere. You can tap into the power/ground behind the radio. Just to be clear, you can't just lop of the power plug and splice the wires directly to power. Many of those Sirrius units run on 5V/6V and connecting them directly to 12V/14V will fry them. You need to retain the power inverter that is inside their plug.

Here is my XM radio installation:
http://www.fadingarrow.com/xmsatelliteradio.htm

I hid the antenna in the hatch:
Old 10-30-2007, 12:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Hey thanks. But I've got the 12 disc CD changer in my car. So that plug won't be available to use the adapter you're using, right?
Old 10-30-2007, 12:15 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 140 Posts

The GM9-AUX has a pass-though and since you have a 2002, you should be able to retain the CD-Changer.

Search this Thread