Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

My Camaro hates me!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 08:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Camaro hates me!

Alright... heres the problem. I got pulled over today because my left brake light was out. The cop was cool about it, and just told me to fix it. I was on my way home from work, so I stopped at a store to get a new set of bulbs for the back. Figured I just change them both while i'm at it. I park the car in the garage after I move my 95 & 98 Z28s into the drive way so I could have more room to move around in and work. I got done replacing the bulbs and just checked to see if they would work. I tap the brake, and they worked. Then I tried turning on my lights, and they wouldnt work. And then I notice that my dash lights wouldnt go on either!

My front lights were able to work, but basically my back lights wont, and my dash board wont light up. I dont know what the hell I did, but somethings obviously wrong here. I want to get it fixed because it my DD, but I can manage to take one of my Z28's out while this one is skrewed up.

Could someone please help me out here, because I'm clueless on what happened.

BTW, The car that im having problems with is my 94 3.4L V6 Camaro, just incase that mattered.

Thanks.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Check fuses
Old 10-30-2007, 09:35 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Replace the TAIL LPS fuse.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:51 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys.. Thats what it was.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:18 PM
TECH Resident

BTW if you don.t have dash light, you don't have tail lights. The car manufacturs do this as a warning that your tail lights are not working, but alot of people don't know that.