Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

04 sunfire cd player fitment?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 sunfire cd player fitment?

I found a stock cd player from an 04 sunfire on ebay...will this unit replace my stock (monsoon i think) cassette player and 12 disc changer. the changer is all jacked up and some music plays very crappily and skips, it usually skips over the disc in slot 1 no matter what. I just want a unit upfront and I will change the disc manually, they only want 40 bucks for it. Should I go for it or should I buy an aftermarket HU? I want the ability of steering wheel controls while retaining a stock dash in a sense.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:27 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can use an aftermarket unit and get better sound quality and still use the factory steering controls by using a PAC interface. Depending on the model of aftermarket you purchase depends on the model of PAC interface you would need but you could still retain steering controls with an aftermarket unit.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:20 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Besides, the 04 Sunfire had a double DIN sized radio that won't fit in our 1.5 DIN opening without some modification.