Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

got my tweeters installed.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 11:07 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Default got my tweeters installed.

in the door panels...

i picked up these lanzar titanium dome tweeters that have an outer billit aluminum casing, and i didn't know they would fit like they did, but it worked out great, and i really like the overall look of it..

tell me what you think?

sorry the pictures are dark, lighting's not very good in my room.

oh, and i'm not really sure what this is..
i'm no audio wiz, i'm just a diy kinda person, and figured i could do the audio install myself.

anyways.
i'm not sure if i need these things.
two of them came with the tweeters, and i don't know if i need to just hook the tweeters directly to the origional speaker wire, or if i should hook it up to this thing...

oh, and man oh man..
i took of the bigger 6.75" door speaker, and i never knew why it didn't work.. but now i do.

check this out, lol.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha got damn, that speaker's gone to **** lol Look's good man, and yeaa idk what that thing is either. Figured you would just get the Tweeter, and some speaker wire to connect to the factory wire's.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea you need those boxes it will stop the base from hitting in to the tweeterand burning it, what made you go with lanzar, ive heard horrile things about those let us know how they sound and last
Old 03-20-2008, 11:48 PM
scj
TECH Addict

i was looking for the best deal really, that's the only real reason i went with lanzar, i had never heard of them, but i really like how they're made..
really sturdy, and seem like a really good product, there peak is 200 watts a peice too, so i put that into concideration when buying these aswell, but we'll never know.. i'll def. let you know how they sound, and last..
Old 03-20-2008, 11:53 PM
12 Second Club

Thats what my speakers looked like!! Nice job!
Old 03-21-2008, 12:01 AM
scj
TECH Addict

did you go with lanzar, or a something different?

pictures?
Old 03-21-2008, 08:39 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The box you have pictured is a passive high pass crossover. It allows only high frequencies through to the tweeter. The Firebird/TransAm has crossovers in the doors already. Those are the things clipped to the inside of the door that have black foam wrapped around them and were connected to the stock tweeter by the black and red wires. You can use those or cut them off just using the connector from them and attach the connector to the one end of the Lanzar xover and the other end to the tweeter.
Those are Lanzars Optidrive series tweeters. They are actually pretty good. The matching driver that goes with those looks just like the Dynaudio drivers which have a 3" voice coil for the 6.5" driver and handle around 300watts. The rest of Lanzars products are pretty low budget though.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:03 AM
scj
TECH Addict

i'm done installing all my speakers, got the power basses in the doors and sail panels. and those tweeters in the doors aswell, all hooked up.

i'm really impressed with the sound.

i havn't done any sound dampening yet, which i plan on doing.
but the speakers already sound alot better than those crap ones i had in there.

i'm sure the 10 square feet of dynamat i got for free is gonna help the sound alot.

but here are some pictures from the install.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:15 AM
TECH Regular

dude i guess lanzar has stepped their game up i heard that they were ones of the companies that just go to korea and buy a crap load of stuff from a factory that does not work and then sell it with different brand names on them and sucker people into it....they have a special term for them cant member, i bought oonce some from etronics **** never even turned on when they replaced them they gave me some that worked worse that the stock ones that was my last time..after that just name brand stuff pluss it last years i have alpine r on all my speakers im going on my 4th year of bangin the **** out of it and no problems......good luck on your install and it looks good bud
Old 03-26-2008, 11:02 PM
Launching!

How do you like the Powerbass coaxials? We just started carrying their ASA amp line at work and our owner is looking into getting the coaxials for a more entry level line to have in the store. Do they sound good and what are you using for a headunit?
Old 03-29-2008, 12:16 AM
scj
TECH Addict

well as for now. I'm using a 145 watt old pioneer head unit, not the best in the world, but I'm replacing it soon..

as for the power bass coaxials I'm really impressed. they sound really good.
and i really haven't even gotten the full effect yet... I'm still working on the car, sound deadening will be going in soon, but it's hard to get time to do anything to the car when you're a high school student, and a part time capital one employee, and having the car as a daily driver,but it's slowly coming along, just sound deadening, a new head unit, and some speakers to replace the truck speakers aswell and it should be pretty close to done..
Old 03-29-2008, 04:28 AM
Banned

I've been carrying the Powerbass line for some time and they make a quality product. Especially the 2XL and 3XL speakers. The amps are clean and powerful. They also are quite attractive as far as asthetics go.
Lanzar still makes the crap quality stuff but the Opti line is good stuff. Some of the other lines are decent.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:32 AM
11 Second Club

I like something that is blended in appearance with what it has around it... stealth! I would have opted for CDT tweets.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:54 PM
TECH Addict

Lanzar is pretty LQ, but they're not so bad that they're worse than stock.