Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Complete new stereo. What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 05:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Complete new stereo. What do you think?

Just wondering what some of you think. I havent done anything with a car stereo in ages. I have a 96 SS with the monsoon but the amps are going bad and I cant take it anymore. So here's what I bought:

-Q logic kick panels
-2 sets of Lanzar Opti component 6.5's
-1 set Lanzar 2 ways
-1 4ch Lanzar 1000w amp (for component's)
-1 2ch Lanzar 360w amp (for 2 ways)

I plan on running components in kicks and sail panels with 2 ways in the door. So what do you think?

(And I know what your thinking, I really like Lanzar, cant beat the price and sound. The only think over Lanzar that I would use is JL or Infinity. I like clarity.)
Old 03-23-2008, 01:33 AM
Launching!

Its your ride but I wouldn't do the Lanzars. The quality of their products just arent what they used to be. If you like Infinity but not the price look into the JBL GTO line. Both are built by Harman Kardon and sound great but the JBL line is alittle more cost friendly than the Infinitys and the overpriced world of JL Audio. Just my .02
Old 03-23-2008, 08:38 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Lanzar Opti series stuff is actually nice. I started looking into them because I carry Lanzar as one of my product lines but there reputation for quality was not exactly great. When I started looking into the Opti series products I was pleasantly suprised.
If you haven't gotten your equipment yet let me know Armyman as I may be able to get you a deal on it. Pm me with prices and model number and I'll try to see if I can get a better price for you.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:14 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

BTW, you don't have a Monsoon system in a 96 Camaro (could be a Bose system) but since you plan to replace everything it doesn't really matter. The only thing to watch out for is not to reuse the factory wiring if you really have a Bose system - they used common ground wiring for the speakers which won't work with your new setup.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:08 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
The Lanzar Opti series stuff is actually nice. I started looking into them because I carry Lanzar as one of my product lines but there reputation for quality was not exactly great. When I started looking into the Opti series products I was pleasantly suprised.
If you haven't gotten your equipment yet let me know Armyman as I may be able to get you a deal on it. Pm me with prices and model number and I'll try to see if I can get a better price for you.
I appreciate it. I've already bought every thing though. I listed the part numbers below. I got everything for $333 and some change.

OPTI6.1
VC62
VIBE416

Oh yea brain fart. I meant Bose.