Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need pictures of cd changer/mounts and a little help

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 03:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need pictures of cd changer/mounts and a little help

My 02 didn't have it and although I don't have the car yet I am hoping the wiring is there like I have been told it should be. Reason being is I picked up a changer off E-Bay. My question is it was sent to me with two little metal brackets. It looks like one has some plastic pieces off of it to slide into something. If anyone has pictures of how this thing gets bolted in, wiring and if I have everything that would be great. Thanks!
Old 03-24-2008, 07:38 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

All LS1 f-bodies came with the wiring harness for the changer pre-installed. You'll find the end of it wrapped in foam and taped to the left hatch speaker harness.

However, the factory changer was mounted to brackets that were welded to the floor. Those brackets aren't there if you didn't get the changer factory installed. The L-shaped brackets that come with the changer fasten to the sides of the changer and can be used to bolt it down. I've found the easiest way to do this is to put a 1/2" piece of MDF or plywood under the carpet and then screw the brackets right through the carpet into the wood. The wood provides a secure place for the screws to hold and going through the carpet keeps the changer from moving around.