Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

HID install blew fuses

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID install blew fuses

Last night i installed HID headlights and fog lights, when installing the headlights I had to use a wiriing harness that connected to my positive side battery and a ground. When i turned them on, the HIDs worked fine but my hatch would not unlock when using the key fob along with my radio and gauge cluster...i checked my fuses and found one was blown in the fuse box by my door (hvac i believe) ....but my gauge cluster (lights turn on needles dont move) and radio still does not work

any help would be greatly appreciated

i tried searching but came up unconclusive
Old 04-10-2008, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so it keeps blowing fuses??
Old 04-11-2008, 02:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What specifically do you mean by a wiring harness? My kit was a direct plug-n-play. Connection from car into one end of the FID ballast kit, and the other end of the ballast plugged in to the HID bulb. No direct connections to the battery. Not sure why you would be blowing fuses, or why it would be affecting anything you mentioned. Now...when you installed the HID kit, did you disconnect the negative battery terminal before starting?