Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Any direct fit upgraded rearview mirrors for our cars?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 07:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any direct fit upgraded rearview mirrors for our cars?

I don't need the compass so much but would love to have one with outside temperature. This is a nice one but would probably be a long install to get in. Does any other GM rearview work in our cars as a plug and play?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-D...spagenameZWDVW
Old 04-13-2008, 01:26 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

That's a tremendous price if it works as it says it does - I paid almost $400 for my Gentex autodimming, compass, temp mirror.

You would lose your map/courtesy lights with that model so you might want to consider some other lighting up front.

I don't think you'll find a GM mirror that would be any easier to install - you still have to mount and connect an external temperature sensor no matter who the manufacturer is.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that would be nice though, my main concern would just be the mounting point, last time i took that part off i damaged the windshield
Old 04-13-2008, 01:41 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

These ones (and the Gentex) slide over the original mount. Just loosen the set screw, slide the original mirror up and off the button, slide the new mirror on, and tighten the set screw.