Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Birthday Is In 2 Weeks....give Me Some Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 05:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Birthday Is In 2 Weeks....give Me Some Ideas

Ok so just got an email from GMA and she asked me what i want for my birthday and being that i have 4 out of 6 speakers blown out in my car right now, i couldnt find a better time to get them replaced...with something BETTER . i already have an aftermarket HU so im good with getting some good speakers. Price range probably 300-500 dollars, give me some good, affordable speaker ideas. Also should i get an amp or is the monsoon one good enough, if so ill ask my uncle for that . Appreciate it......expecting KEE to chime in haha

Last edited by mycamaroSS; 04-19-2008 at 09:56 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CL-6CV for the door speakers
CL-6 for the sail panel speakers
Alpine Head unit.

www.keeaudio.com of course. you will be very happy

for your budget the monsoon amp is fine. the weak link in the monsoon system besides the **** speakers is the head unit
Old 04-17-2008, 09:47 PM
TECH Addict

Get an amp and some components. You can not run aftermarket speakers properly with the monsoon setup unless you dig into it and bypass the built-in crossovers. You can not just use the built in crossovers with aftermarket speakers if you expect any kind of good sound. Even a $50 amp will do.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dragonrage
Get an amp and some components. You can not run aftermarket speakers properly with the monsoon setup unless you dig into it and bypass the built-in crossovers. You can not just use the built in crossovers with aftermarket speakers if you expect any kind of good sound. Even a $50 amp will do.
i was reading through the monsoon pages and it seemed like you could take a 6.5" speaker and just plug it into the fronts and sail panels without replacing the amp. at this point i've heard it both ways, i'm interested in new speakers as well (though my birthday is a ways off) so i wanted to get this clarified.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:27 PM
TECH Addict

you can, and some people are going to come in here and say otherwise, but don't listen to them. You need to use the crossovers that come with your speakers and you can't have any other crossovers in or else the sound will be severely degraded. And if someone tells you they've got a speaker that doesn't need any crossover but the stock one, also don't listen to them.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ight=crossover
Old 04-18-2008, 01:57 AM
TECH Veteran

thanks for the tips guys, o and i already got a headunit (panasonic)
Old 04-19-2008, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

the monsoon amp will not suffice. you would want to get an aftermarket hu and bypass the monsoon amp then install your speakers. I took days getting my camaro all hooked up and it sounds freakin amazing!!!! i used all infinity reference stuff. 2 pairs of 6.5 and 1 4. plus an infinity 1300a amp powering the infinity reference 10"sub.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:17 PM

look at crutchfield.com you can usually find something there. if not keeaudio