Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Problem AGAIN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 08:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problem AGAIN!!!

Alright last fall my car started to act up and like would half way start.. The lights would like throb like the car is begging for power...Also sometimes the car would be like comepletely dead and the next minute it have power again..

So I bought a new alternator from our sponsor and installed it last fall.. The car has been running great until now it started to do the same **** it was doing before.. The alternator has only ran on the car a couple months because the car sat all winter..

Why does this keep happening? It is really starting to **** me off and is making my car a non reliable car... My alternator go out again? And if so what is causing this to happen? PLEASE HELP!!!! I am soooo mad right now!!
Old 04-30-2008, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was it a H/O alt? What are the details on your system/any other accessories? (if you have one...otherwise you probably wouldn't have posted in "Stereo & Electronics")
Old 04-30-2008, 10:53 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Did you have the battery load tested? The problem may have nothing to do with the alternator.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fredmr39
Was it a H/O alt? What are the details on your system/any other accessories? (if you have one...otherwise you probably wouldn't have posted in "Stereo & Electronics")

Yes its a High output alternator.. 160 amps. And I have a 800 watt amp for subs and a 400 watt amp for speakers with a cap so I didnt think that would mess it up..

I have a optima red top battery. And I didnt do any load testing.. How would you do that?
Old 04-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Take it to your local auto parts store - they usually offer free battery load testing.