Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Amp placement

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 07:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amp placement

I am working on adding a stealth box on the driver side and wanted to know if anyone here has taken out there spare tire and put there amp in there, I am wanting a very clean look. If anyone has pic would you put them up please.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can fit an amp in there with spare still in depending on size

hers 2 amps in the well
Old 05-01-2008, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

How are the amp secured with? I don't plan on keeping the spare tire in there. I liked Kee's idea of a small air pump and fix a flat. I wouldnt use that doughnut anyways.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I actually have a real tire repair kit I keep along with the 12V air compressor and a pair of needle nose pliers (multitool) to remove the offending object (nail, screw, etc.). Both fit neatly away under the seat or could be stowed anywhere really. Keep in mind this only works on a puncture that can be repaired with this type of kit, it's the one that has the 2 T-handles, plugs and some rubber cement. One T-handle is to score the edges of the puncture and the other is to insert the plug. I did have to use this once and it did well. It actually held for a week and would have held longer I suppose. I had it patched professionally though after about a week. Never lost any tire pressure while the plug was in there though. It was actually a pretty quick fix as well.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:34 PM
On The Tree

If I get a flat I don't plan on driving it anywhere. The kit would be for very desperate measures