Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

what to do with old aftermarket alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 11:48 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what to do with old aftermarket alarm?

Im the second owner of my camaro. Interestingly, the previous owner had put on an aftermarket alarm because there is an extra led as well as a brain and shock sensor i recently found. but i have not been using it, but except for the stock alarm (which the dealership- non chevrolet- was going to charge me 500+ to have it activated when it was so easy haha ) The question is, I found the aftermarket alarm.. what should i do with it? should i just leave it in there? its behind the glove compartment.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lferdzl
Im the second owner of my camaro. Interestingly, the previous owner had put on an aftermarket alarm because there is an extra led as well as a brain and shock sensor i recently found. but i have not been using it, but except for the stock alarm (which the dealership- non chevrolet- was going to charge me 500+ to have it activated when it was so easy haha ) The question is, I found the aftermarket alarm.. what should i do with it? should i just leave it in there? its behind the glove compartment.
Someone had added a clifford alarm to my car also. I just removed all of it where they had tapped into the factory stuff. I have mine sitting in a box, should try to sell it is what I keep telling myself The system works much better with the stock stuff working, the trunk release had issues with the clifford for me. only feature that went away was the auto door locks that drove me nuts anyway. Personally I would remove all of it from the car, why leave it in the way.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:27 PM
Launching!

yea that's what I figure.. bu I'm too lazy to track down where all the wires go plus it doesn't even have key fobs