Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ford GT, 03 Cobra...fun fun.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 05:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Ford GT, 03 Cobra...fun fun.

Went to a local car show with some friends,..and when it was time to go, I ended up leaving the same time this gun metal grey ford GT with I think silver or white stripes, and black wheels on it. I had a passenger, I believe he was solo. I pulled next to him at a light, he gave a nod,...the light turnb green, he reved to get the car moving, and started to go towards a highway. I followed. Should be noted that we could see A blower in the car but, no idea which kind. Car sounded good, and no where near stock. It had some blue LED lights in the negine bay.

He goes to gas it,...i'm right behind cause of the lane situation,...i'm in second, and at a good rpm to go WOT and be a contendor off the hit. Sure enough, he gooses it, I hit the throttle as I hear him drop the hammer,...

...and I was very surprised that I could not catch this car, and he could not gain on me. Each gear I shifted I seemed a hair closer to him,...when I hit 4th gear, I started to pull on this thing, ..and also, 5 lanes was about to open up so I go to pass him. At this point, I shifted into 5th, and as soon as we got onto the highway, I was riddled with multiple obstacles. If you use your imaginiation, you can get an idea of what thos were. Lets just say, it took alot of navigating at that speed, to get around everything. The ford gt, stayed in his lane, and kept going. I had no choice but to go full brakes.

We caught back up to him,..to give a thumbs up and try and go again from a side by side race but, he didn't even look at us when we rolled up,.... in his defense, he may have been on the phone. Whatever, I give respect to the car, cause it was a great race. If it was side by side, even with my passenger I think I would have handed him his *** since I was starting to drive around him but,...whatever, it was fun and i'm glad it wasn't another stock ford gt. Nice to see a modded one runnning on kill mode.

Later that night, a friend of a friend of a friend had a cobra that he wanted beat really bad. He wanted to bet the cobra money. I didn't care too, nor did I even care to race the guy cause for me, I just got a phone call and plans came up. Regardless, I asked about the cobra, they said it was a pulley/tune/catback car,......no botttle,....no nothing else except a nitto. I thought I was being setup since it is miami and all but,..I said lets do it.

My friend of friends,..told the cobra guy I was a procharger with a cam, making 500 something hp,...I said 580, the cobra guy said no he wouldnt race then. So,..lol, I told him it made 530rwhp,..then he said lets go. I'm not one that goes about BSing but,..I guess in this case it was what it is,..a wolf in sheeps clothing.

I wanted a 35mph roll,...he wanted a 50 or 70 roll. Since 50 i'm in 1st at about 4800-5000 rpm, and making 700 ft-lbs, I didn't want to go 50, in 1st, so I said 70. Well, we get out there, and he won't go faster then 50,... so, I put it in second, ..all of a sudden, honkhonkhonk mustang takes off, no warning, no ready, no nothing(what is it with these south florida cobra guys)... so, he put me on his bumper on the hit, I stopped hi pull,...at the top of second, I was right back on his door. If you blimked, you'd have missed the pull, it happened that quick. Even I was like holy ****,... I shifted to 3rd, started to pull away by a car and a half, (were on a 6 lane road) and a moving obstacle was up ahead going my way, and there was another one in the lane next to him,... the cobra had an open lane in front, with another car about to merge on,..so,...being sportsman like, I , although clearly had the lead, could have taken the right of way and pulled in front of the cobra but, I had no idea what the car that was merging onto the highway was going to do so I,..coasted for a second,..got on the brakes,...

..diced way right,.... realized it was a money race....diced even more right on the coast down shoulder lane.....and went around those two moving obstacles,...got back into the lane,...and ened up being two cars out in the end.

We pulled over at a spot,...he said I sprayed. I opened the trnk, opend my valve, and you could hear AIR coming out of the line somewhere in front of my car,...just to show him nothing was hooked up. He said that the air in the lines is what did it. So, he said take the bottle out and we'll go again, so I tried to undo the one hose but, I only had one wrench, and it wasn't eough. So, I opened the bottle until nothing came out. He said ok lets go. With stupid confidence. I said alright.

Go out, same race,..50, he takes the hit, I jump out, same repeat. He misss a gear, I shut down 2 million miles ahead, he catches back up,...he honks it off, jumps out,...I real him in at the top of my second, again on his door,...hit 3rd pull about 3-4 cars,...hit 4th...keep pulling.

Kinda gay,...yes, but, what can you do. The guy always runs his mouth from what I am told to everyone when there cars are broke or down,...so, according to what I am told, he got what he deserved.

Fun night. Tried to catch to rappers in an orange out gallardo with orange wheels,..but, they must have been running on soul glow cause, they made some turns and, I lost them due to two stupid lights(traffic).

Anyways, thats it.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, your sig says you make 600+hp, very nice car! nice runs and good job puttin a trash talker in their place
Old 11-30-2008, 05:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mhissstic
Man, your sig says you make 600+hp, very nice car! nice runs and good job puttin a trash talker in their place

My sig says that? Where? I looked at my profile, couldn't find that either. Making lil bit more the 6 double 0.

It was a pretty good feeling. Cause everyone was on my nuts,..saying whatever you do don't miss a gear...over and over and over again. (can't remember that last time I missed but, anything could happen). So, I had these guys pounding it in my head not to loose cause money was on the line... I was glad that it turned out how it did. The guy, never came back to the spot,... the way it all went down,..i'd imagine that night, he lost alot of sleep.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:10 PM
Staging Lane

So, was the Cobra actually faster then the Ford GT? Those GT's stock usually trap mid 120's and with a pulley / tune they crack 130mph.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:42 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice runs and nice write up.

Originally Posted by SlwSVT
Those GT's stock usually trap mid 120's and with a pulley / tune they crack 130mph.
130mph shouldn't be anywhere near enough to hang with V-series.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:44 PM
On The Tree

soo you had a good run with a Gt and whooped on a pullied cobra??
big surprise! nice kills. your car must pull like an animal on the top end. how big of a turbo you running?
Old 11-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Banned

Racing in traffic = bad. Good kills, though. Please don't get an innocent hurt or killed because you didn't have the patience to wait for traffic to open up.

Chris
Old 11-30-2008, 08:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 12smustang
racing in traffic = bad. Good kills, though. Please don't get an innocent hurt or killed because you didn't have the patience to wait for traffic to open up.

Chris
+1.......
Old 12-01-2008, 01:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
My sig says that? Where? I looked at my profile, couldn't find that either. Making lil bit more the 6 double 0.

It was a pretty good feeling. Cause everyone was on my nuts,..saying whatever you do don't miss a gear...over and over and over again. (can't remember that last time I missed but, anything could happen). So, I had these guys pounding it in my head not to loose cause money was on the line... I was glad that it turned out how it did. The guy, never came back to the spot,... the way it all went down,..i'd imagine that night, he lost alot of sleep.
Re-check your sig.....................

V-seriesTech
TECH Junkie

Send Message User Lists Last Activity: Yesterday 06:06 PM
User Lists
Add to Friends List
Add to Contacts
Add to Ignore List
Send a Message to V-seriesTech
Post a visitor message for V-seriesTech
Send a private message to V-seriesTech
Send a message via email to V-seriesTech

Visitor MessagesAbout MeStatisticsFriendsContact Info» Visitor Messages
The following errors occurred with your submission

View Your Conversation with V-seriesTech Message:

Posting Message - Please Wait V-seriesTech has not received any visitor messages.
About Me
About V-seriesTech
Biography
No.
Interests
Speed...and pink tacos.
Occupation
Selling Taco's. Pink ones.
Ride
2000 FRC Corvette
Engine type and displacement
LS6 346ci
Induction
S/C + Nitrous
Major modifications
Custom procharger,FAST,AFR,LG PRO, B&B,Coilovers,FIKSE,minitub,diablo
Tranny type
Manual
Tires
Street Radials
Race weight
Horsepower
Track Name
Mother Earth
Signature
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i8...tech_sig-1.jpg
Messenger of Chaos

and nice kill
Old 12-01-2008, 09:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that old, or did you change your set up again V-series? I thought you were twin turbo now?
Old 12-01-2008, 10:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^ he is with 780+rwhp
Old 12-01-2008, 11:23 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ya, this was no stock or even close to stock Ford GT.
If I had to guess, I'd say it had a Whipple and about 20 psi and probably close to 800 rwhp.
It was fast as hell. Just not as fast as we were....

Sick race though. Its real tough to get a good race when your riding in a vehicle capable of warp speed, unless you see a liter bike in the next lane, and even then we're hoping its not stock so it will be a good race.

To say we were pleased to see the GT stay out in front of us would be an understatement, its so much less fun when you just fly by them like they are standing still...
Old 12-01-2008, 11:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice runs, man. Give us some specs on your setup. It sounds like a monster and a half.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hugger1975
Re-check your sig.....................
That would be his profile, not his sig.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:56 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Awesome kills Jamie
Old 12-01-2008, 03:36 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Nice runs, man. Give us some specs on your setup. It sounds like a monster and a half.
Its one of the best documented builds here in a while, there is a 30+ page thread in the Vette section, and a big thread in the Dyno section titled 786 rwhp, stock bottom end.

Both have lots of info and pics...
Old 12-01-2008, 03:50 PM
Banned

I cant believe it's still holding together. ( i hope it does for a long long time )
onebadcad must practice witchcraft or
sumshyt. that is the freak of all freaks.
great job!
Old 12-01-2008, 08:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
Its one of the best documented builds here in a while, there is a 30+ page thread in the Vette section, and a big thread in the Dyno section titled 786 rwhp, stock bottom end.

Both have lots of info and pics...
Cool, I'll take a look. Thanks.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SlwSVT
So, was the Cobra actually faster then the Ford GT? Those GT's stock usually trap mid 120's and with a pulley / tune they crack 130mph.

The ford GT was EOOOONS faster then this particular cobra. And this ford gt was WAY faster then the white with blue stripes ford gt that I raced when I had my blower.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by unit213
Nice runs and nice write up.

130mph shouldn't be anywhere near enough to hang with V-series.

Thanks man. Would you believe, the dude in the Cobra, is now saying that, when we started the race, he left so hard( he honestly put me directly a foot off his rear bumper from a 50 roll)....that he got so far out in front of me, that he LIFTED ...and I went flying by him. He doesn't car what the people viewing saw,...thats what he says happened. Dudes a nut job.