Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Saleen S281.......NOT! lol

Old 12-10-2008, 10:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Saleen S281.......NOT! lol

well i got another hit tonight drivin the Z28. I've seen this guy drivin around at my school and his car looks and sounds great (edge styled S281) so im thinkin to myself the first time i get him out on the road its go time. I heard a rumor about this car and wanted to see for myself if it was true . that time was tonight

so i pull up to the light to leave campus and this kid is right behind me (I see the Saleen decal on the top of his windshield). I revv a little bit with him behind me and he revvs back so I get all excited thinkin hes gunna bite. we both roll of the green light makin a left turn and i slow down to let him get next to me, and see his window's upon so i say, "hey bro, how bout a couple of runs?" he says "sounds good man, follow me to the highway, I know the perfect strip to run." so i say alright and follow him to the highway. heres where the fun begins.

we get to this nice, straight, smooth patch of highway that is literally in east bum and i pull up next to him again. "Alright bro how you wanna do this?" he says "theres a light right up here well go from a dig." so im like ok cool. we line it up on the light and on green we go. he keeps up with me till 30 and then.....WTF!? WHERE DID HE GO? I look back and hes beyond far behind, I couldnt even see him! I let off at 90 and wait for 30 seconds and this kid catches back up. So I yell over to him "Ayo are you alright? Is the car ok?" He goes "yeah I missed 2nd and went to 4th." So I say "ok, lets go from a 40 roll, good?" and he says yeah. So we line it up @ 40 and he honks it off, on three I gun it and once again, I go to look where he is and he's so far behind again! "Ok, myths busted, or he's a terrible driver."

I pull into the next gas station and he pulls in behind me. I light up a cigg and wait for him to get out of his car. He gets out and walks over and shakes my hand sayin good runs. So I ask him whats goin on. He says, "look, jus dont tell any girls on campus and I'll show you." (confidence issue? lol ) So I say sure Ill keep my mouth shut. Guy pops the hood- CAN YOU SAY V-6? It was a clone! I was expecting this after his performance but I didnt wanna believe it. He said all hes got done is a King Cobra clutch, Shorties OR/H and Flowmatters. I gave him the compliment on a good looking and sounding car, I mean he had me fooled for a little while, this car was almost a perfect clone as far as I know, I mean ev erything down to seats. We shook hands again and I said I'll see you around campus.

At least this guy was nicer than the last one, lol
Old 12-10-2008, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

There's a guy like that around here.. His car has all the saleen (maybe roush, I can't remember) b.s. ground effects and what not. Also some foose rims I believe. The funny thing is, he has molding for the side exhaust, but it goes out the back with two 1" diameter pipes.. LOL.. I'll give him props that he atleast put money into a blower (heard it), but who knows what it's sitting on, v6 or v8.. I tried to run him once, but he turned the other way.. every other time it's packed in traffic.. One of these days he'll get it.. haha
Old 12-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A V6? Do V6 Mustangs come with TD's to warrant an H-pipe? It's really hard to mistake the sound of any V6 to a V8 Mustang with an H-pipe and Flowmasters. That's the most distinct sound in automotive history IMO.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default have no idea bro

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
A V6? Do V6 Mustangs come with TD's to warrant an H-pipe? It's really hard to mistake the sound of any V6 to a V8 Mustang with an H-pipe and Flowmasters. That's the most distinct sound in automotive history IMO.
i know! thats what grabbed me is that it sounded soo good! i didnt wanna believe the rumors but he popped the hood after our run and sure enough it was a v-6! no blower, and he told me his mods so I went by that
Old 12-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

So a V6 with a body kit kept up with you til 30mph?
Old 12-10-2008, 10:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default yessir

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
So a V6 with a body kit kept up with you til 30mph?
i think im having a fuel delivery problem ima hvae to look into that after i get back from NY for the holiday, ima give her a break until I leave
Old 12-10-2008, 10:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

So you wanted to race a Saleen (not to say they are fast by any means lol) when you knew your car isn't running at full performance?
Old 12-10-2008, 11:00 PM
TECH Resident

haha theres a kid at my school who dumped around 5K into his new V6 mustang... its funny when its all show and no go
Old 12-10-2008, 11:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default i know theyre fast dont get me wrong

So you wanted to race a Saleen (not to say they are fast by any means lol) when you knew your car isn't running at full performance?
hey, I look at it this way, if i can have a run with someone, knowing win or lose, I'm gonna take it, I like meeting new people with nice cars any chance I get and this was a good opportunity. I was willing to accept that I may not win in order to meet someone. I'm fine with that. Its not all about winning to me like it is to some people
Old 12-10-2008, 11:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default isnt that the truth

Originally Posted by NeedaV8foundation
haha theres a kid at my school who dumped around 5K into his new V6 mustang... its funny when its all show and no go
it was a nice car dont get me wrong, but i woulda taken all the money he did with the visuals and done performance, but thats just me
Old 12-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 97 FiReBiRd
hey, I look at it this way, if i can have a run with someone, knowing win or lose, I'm gonna take it, I like meeting new people with nice cars any chance I get and this was a good opportunity. I was willing to accept that I may not win in order to meet someone. I'm fine with that. Its not all about winning to me like it is to some people
I understand. I just wouldn't try to run a marathon with a broken leg thats all.

Well it was a Saleen...ok I wouldn't try to run a 25 yard sprint with a broken leg.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default i understand where your commin from

I understand. I just wouldn't try to run a marathon with a broken leg thats all.

Well it was a Saleen...ok I wouldn't try to run a 25 yard sprint with a broken leg.
i get where your commin from, and i know if it was a real Saleen id get my *** handed to me no doubt, i mean my cars runnin alright but its laggin a bit so thats why my launch and initial take off was kinda bad, lol
Old 12-10-2008, 11:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Usually those saleens are not as fast as you think, since most of the crowd just buys them for the status symbol....i would like to line up with one...hard finding one in my area to get at...My car has a converter, cam, and boltons...nice run, always knocking down some homo's with v6 mustangs.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Saleens are not fast
Old 12-10-2008, 11:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default theyre not?

Saleens are not fast
if you dont mind me askin, how much do the non supercharged ones put out? i would assume the ones with them are fast, and i thought you were bein sarcastic before sayin they werent, lol, my bad
Old 12-10-2008, 11:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default lmao, just caught yours

Originally Posted by slingshot928
Usually those saleens are not as fast as you think, since most of the crowd just buys them for the status symbol....i would like to line up with one...hard finding one in my area to get at...My car has a converter, cam, and boltons...nice run, always knocking down some homo's with v6 mustangs.
thanks for the compliment bro, someones gotta do it right? lol
Old 12-11-2008, 12:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Get a cam, boltons, and you should be pretty good on the street. I have not taken my car to the track yet, but it should run in the 12's....i have another 10 bolt rear end with 3.73s to put in. Its fun taking out cars with the a/c on and the windows up on the expressway. Last summer I was killing a fox body mustang from a 50 mph roll on the expressway. I gave him about 2-3 cars, and put about 5 cars on him to about 130-140.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:13 AM
TECH Resident

it was a nice car dont get me wrong, but i woulda taken all the money he did with the visuals and done performance, but thats just me
i would have just saved up the money, sold the v6 and bought a GT... and you would still have money to mod it
Old 12-11-2008, 12:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

if you dont mind me askin, how much do the non supercharged ones put out? i would assume the ones with them are fast, and i thought you were bein sarcastic before sayin they werent, lol, my bad
Your car would have no problem with a non supercharged one. Not to be an *** but I doubt a non supercharged Saleen is much faster than that V6 you raced. All a Saleen is, is a GT Mustang. The Supercharged ones are a GT Mustang with a crappy blower on them. Think stock LS1 territory, maybe alittle slower than a stock LS1. I just laugh when I see a real Saleen. They do look good though!
Old 12-11-2008, 06:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

wow, I didnt know they were that bad, but thanks for the advice! now i wanna find a legit one! lmao

Search this Thread