Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

...every RICER line in the book...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 08:37 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default ...every RICER line in the book...

On my way home from the gym tonight, going about 35mph in a 2 lane (each way) road, in traffic (as usual). A fart can Corolla pulls up next to me and throws me a rev. I think to myself , look over, and see 3 rice punks with game face, stuck behind the car in front of them.
The car infront of me turns left, so I have a clearing and drop to 2nd and speed away, simply to get away from the rice.
Now, we all know my car is a moderately modded SS, with enough sound and speed to command a little respect, but it is nothing compared to the monsters on this board. Hence the following dialogue unfolds as the ricers pull up next to me at the light...

Ricer #1: Bro! You have a turbo in that thing?!
Me: No, just a camshaft and some exhaust.
Ricer #2: A camshaft?! You mean, like a supercharger?!
Me: No, just a camshaft (I throw a rev, so they can hear the engine- their eyes go round.)
Ricer #3: How much you pay!!
Ricer #1: How much power?!
Me: 389 to the rears.
Ricer #1: 289 to the rears!!! WOW!
Me: THREE 8 9
Ricer #1: WOW 289!
Me: (Give up)
Ricer #3: All that power with SS?!
Me: No, I've done a little bit to it.
Ricer #1: (And I was waiting for this...) You run NAAWSSS!?
Me: Na, just natural.
Ricer #3: How much you pay!!!

So, the light turns green, I say peace, they turn right and succeed to amaze me with their ricer questions.
Old 10-01-2003, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ...every RICER line in the book...

I have lines for these ricers if they dont leave me alone. My favorite being "go the hell on man, my starter puts our more torque than your motor".
Old 10-01-2003, 08:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have lines for these ricers if they dont leave me alone. My favorite being "go the hell on man, my starter puts our more torque than your motor".
That's a good one... I like "My lug nut requires more torque than your motor makes" too.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

man ricers are gay as hell, a Corolla, wtf...Wes and Mario, those lines are great
Old 10-01-2003, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's a good one... I like "My lug nut requires more torque than your motor makes" too.
I'll use both of those!!

Oh yeah BULLITT, lick my nuts you sissy!!
Old 10-02-2003, 02:45 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ROTFL ... it's funny because it's true. haha
Old 10-02-2003, 05:18 AM
On The Tree

Did the mad bees in their exhaust cause hearing loss or something?
Old 10-02-2003, 09:07 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Did the mad bees in their exhaust cause hearing loss or something?
No, I think ricer mentality caps horesepower at 300. Therefore 389 was impossible for him to process, especially from a naturally aspirated motor. I really think kids don't know what a V8 is.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

That is great. just like . . . . why does my coke bottle have 2 liters when you only have 1.6??
Old 10-02-2003, 10:08 AM
Staging Lane

Ricer #1: Bro! You have a turbo in that thing?!
Me: No, just a camshaft and some exhaust.
Ricer #2: A camshaft?! You mean, like a supercharger?!

That is great. just like . . . . why does my coke bottle have 2 liters when you only have 1.6??
hey that aint funny! whats your coke bottle run in the 1/4?!?
Old 10-02-2003, 10:56 AM
TECH Resident

I think I just got dumber by reading that dialogue (not your part S. Fl.). For God's sake these kids are idiots. I had a couple ricers next to me at a light a few months ago and they said "nice car," and I was like "thanks." Then they say "does it have a V8?" I said it did and their eyes got all big and they said "WOW!" How dumb can you be?
Old 10-02-2003, 11:07 AM
blownerator

I think I just got dumber by reading that dialogue (not your part S. Fl.). For God's sake these kids are idiots. I had a couple ricers next to me at a light a few months ago and they said "nice car," and I was like "thanks." Then they say "does it have a V8?" I said it did and their eyes got all big and they said "WOW!" How dumb can you be?
Tell them is is a V8 Vtech! That will really screw with their heads!
Old 10-02-2003, 11:12 AM
TECH Resident

Tell them is is a V8 Vtech! That will really screw with their heads!
That reminds me...this kid who's a receptionist where I work just bought a 2002 Accord with the almighty VTEC 4-banger. He actually thought he might have a chance in a race against me because, as he said "but it's a VTEC." I tried to explain to him that VTEC doesn't mean anything but he wouldn't listen. I just don't get these ricers, but they sure are good for comic relief!
Old 10-02-2003, 11:25 AM
STF Veteran

so wait, are you actually saying you think he can't beat you?

but... but.. he's got two cams and you only have one.. and we all know when you want more power, you get a different camshaft, so two must be better than one, right? i mean he's got a whole extra one!

plus he has vtec, which sounds like v tech, which must mean very technologically advanced, which means it must be better than old engine designs, right?

plus he's lighter than you, and his volumetric effeciency is higher than you, and he has superior japanese construction, and and and... why is he so far back in your rear view mirror?
Old 10-02-2003, 11:45 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

So according to Ricer #2' reasoning; 2 camshafts = like, 2 superchargers!
Old 10-02-2003, 12:49 PM
TECH Resident

plus he's lighter than you, and his volumetric effeciency is higher than you, and he has superior japanese construction, and and and... why is he so far back in your rear view mirror?
He actually did decide to race. I opted to go from a roll after we got away from other traffic and let him get a head start then gunned it from second and flew past him (obviously). Then I slowed down and let him catch up then gunned it again. I asked him when we were parked if he was actually serious and he was. I just don't get these kids. It was all in good fun though and I just wanted to show him that just because his car has a VTEC doesn't mean ****. Before we raced though, he was talking about how I couldn't beat this newer 4.6 stang that we see parked near where we work. I told him I'd put a buslength on that thing. Then he says, "yeah but you couldn't beat a 5.0!" These kids are so ignorant.
Old 10-02-2003, 12:59 PM
Staging Lane

ROFLMFAO!! A camshaft...like a supercharger!! I would've said "No. It's a Flux Capacitor! They're stock on these models" Youth is wasted on the young... and stupid!!
Old 10-02-2003, 02:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

GOD O MIGHTY i feel so bad that i am as old as these morons. maybe it was the fact my dad made me rebuild holley 750 double pumpers when i was 10 or something that just got me on the right track. hmmm. or that i have built my own motors that are in my sig below. they are so arrogant and ignorant it makes me sick. and i know it is twice as painful as you older guys on this board to see this generation go to ****!!
Old 10-02-2003, 10:10 PM
TECH Regular

That's a good one, but my favorite is...."Please, I make more power at IDLE than you do at peak."
Old 10-02-2003, 10:30 PM
Staging Lane

dude i hate ricers they are so stupid "you run nnaawwss" what a ******* moron. maby some day he will realize that rice sucks, and it is slow