Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

my SS vs. Turbo CRX & a Z28

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 09:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default my SS vs. Turbo CRX & a Z28

My friend hooked this race up against the CRX. I just joined his car club group, since there all cool guy's and we get along. Figured why not, maybe ill get more races with great car's and sure enough. He hooked it up...

My SS: mods in my sig

HONDA CRX: Turbo, Exhaust (my friend said it has 7 to 8lbs of boost, he's not really sure and he didnt mention it having any other mods. So that's all i know. Another member of our groups Infiniti something. Idk what model, he beat the CRX from a dig but lost on the roll)

DIG RACE: He honked it off, we hit it and i get a great takeoff and beat him out the hole. Ive put atleast a car lenght on him from the start and im just pulling and pulling. I got atleast a full 3 to maybe 4 car lenghts on him before i shut it down. I figured something must've went wrong for him. My friend later told me, the guy said he missed 2nd gear. He wanted to do a roll race, so we went at it again...

ROLL RACE: From about a 20 to 30 roll...He honked it off and as i just put it to the floor, the car ends up downshifting and he puts a good car length on me right off the start. So im just playing catch up right now and after a few seconds i realize im startin to pull him back in slowly, i end up catching him and passin him at around 100 or so, i didnt notice the speed as i got next to him but i shut it down at 130 with about 2 car lengths on him.

NOW THE ORANGE Z28: I wanna say stock, but maybe an exhaust on it. It wasnt very loud either. So im really not to sure. He also had his chick with him, which probably turned out bad for him lol

ROLL RACE: from a 30 roll...He honks it off, we hit it and were pretty much dead even from the start. After about a few seconds, i can tell im slowly but surely starting to pull on him. I end up with him at about the rear of my car or so, before i notice he shut it down. So i let off and i notice he then turned off to another street somewhere. I wonder why lol His chick did have a big ol' smile on her face before we even began the race. Either she's very friendly, or liked what she saw lol Or she was just excited for the race. It was fun, nice to get a nice good run.

Last edited by Badguy7; 01-10-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:52 AM
Launching!

pretty nasty crx
Old 01-10-2009, 02:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheTugBoat
pretty nasty crx
have you ever noticed that EVERY street racing kill story if there is a chick in the car, she is ALWAYS smiling at the guy in the fbody that just won...

not saying it never happens.. i just dont think it happens as much as people say...... not meaning to pick on you OP. just wanted to post it this time..

anyways, nice kill..
Old 01-10-2009, 12:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lemons12
have you ever noticed that EVERY street racing kill story if there is a chick in the car, she is ALWAYS smiling at the guy in the fbody that just won...

not saying it never happens.. i just dont think it happens as much as people say...... not meaning to pick on you OP. just wanted to post it this time..

anyways, nice kill..
or to start a story "i was driving back with my girl" i've also seen "well i was coming back from the gym." nice kills though op.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Launching!

should have to include said pics of "girl" when you start a story like that from now on.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:04 PM
TECH Addict

anyways, nice kill..
Im not trying to respond to you in a bad way or anything either, but did you even read the part where i said. She had a smile on her face before we even had the race?? I didnt see them after we had the run, he slowed it down and turned onto another street somewhere. So like i said, maybe she was excited for the race and had a smile, maybe she's just a friendly gurl who isnt a bitch and will actually smile at you. Idk but i saw her with a smile, not after i won but before the race even begun.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:14 PM
TECH Addict

pretty nasty crx
Not really, from a dig. He has no take off, we tried racing last sunday night. We tried it 3 times, everytime i beat him out the whole like nothing. I expected him to have a better take off then that. According to him, his intake gasket broke and he wasnt getting no boost. So we re-scheduled and ran them tuesday night. Which were these runs i posted...If the car wouldnt have downshifted on the roll race, i think i wouldve taken him awhole lot easier and earlier instead of playing catch up for so long.

His car looks like a pile of crap, but seems to run pretty good.

Last edited by Badguy7; 01-10-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ads_99ta
or to start a story "i was driving back with my girl" i've also seen "well i was coming back from the gym." nice kills though op.
priceless..
should have to include said pics of "girl" when you start a story like that from now on.
ban otherwise..
Originally Posted by Badguy7
Im not trying to respond to you in a bad way or anything either, but did you even read the part where i said. She had a smile on her face before we even had the race?? I didnt see them after we had the run, he slowed it down and turned onto another street somewhere. So like i said, maybe she was excited for the race and had a smile, maybe she's just a friendly gurl who isnt a bitch and will actually smile at you. Idk but i saw her with a smile, not after i won but before the race even begun.
like i said, it wasnt because of your post... i thought of it, so posted it... i wasnt picking on your post...

good kill
Old 01-10-2009, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

My friend hooked this race up against the CRX. I just joined his car club group, since there all cool guy's and we get along. Figured why not, maybe ill get more races with great car's and sure enough. He hooked it up...

My SS: mods in my sig

HONDA CRX: Turbo, Exhaust (my friend said it has 7 to 8lbs of boost, he's not really sure and he didnt mention it having any other mods. So that's all i know. Another member of our groups Infiniti something. Idk what model, he beat the CRX from a dig but lost on the roll)

DIG RACE: He honked it off, we hit it and i get a great takeoff and beat him out the hole. Ive put atleast a car lenght on him from the start and im just pulling and pulling. I got atleast a full 3 to maybe 4 car lenghts on him before i shut it down. I figured something must've went wrong for him. My friend later told me, the guy said he missed 2nd gear. He wanted to do a roll race, so we went at it again...

ROLL RACE: From about a 20 to 30 roll...He honked it off and as i just put it to the floor, the car ends up downshifting and he puts a good car length on me right off the start. So im just playing catch up right now and after a few seconds i realize im startin to pull him back in slowly, i end up catching him and passin him at around 100 or so, i didnt notice the speed as i got next to him but i shut it down at 130 with about 2 car lengths on him.

NOW THE ORANGE Z28: I wanna say stock, but maybe an exhaust on it. It wasnt very loud either. So im really not to sure. He also had his chick with him, which probably turned out bad for him lol

ROLL RACE: from a 30 roll...He honks it off, we hit it and were pretty much dead even from the start. After about a few seconds, i can tell im slowly but surely starting to pull on him. I end up with him at about the rear of my car or so, before i notice he shut it down. So i let off and i notice he then turned off to another street somewhere. I wonder why lol His chick did have a big ol' smile on her face before we even began the race. Either she's very friendly, or liked what she saw lol Or she was just excited for the race. It was fun, nice to get a nice good run.
good races I have been hearing that there has been alot of action in od recently.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:30 PM
TECH Addict

like i said, it wasnt because of your post... i thought of it, so posted it... i wasnt picking on your post...

good kill
Ahh okk, guess i read your post wrong.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by antonio84
good races I have been hearing that there has been alot of action in od recently.
Yeaa, it seems to have picked up some lately.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ahh okk, guess i read your post wrong.
its all good buddy!