Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Finally took down the local import gang

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 11:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Finally took down the local import gang

We waited a long time but finally took on the local import gang. My bro came out of a store yesterday and they were all parked next to his 2001 T/A (the one in my sig). You've probably seen my brother and I race one another before, if not, here's the vid, it has all the info on our cars and such as well as us battling it out head to head. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKJF2J39i_0 Anyways, they say they wanna race my bro's car, and he says fine. Go down to the same road you see in the vid to race and mark out a quarter mile. Now for the break down of the two competitors.

First is an Eagle Talon, FWD, maybe 1995? You could tell he had the big wing, but took it off and put the small one that hugs the rear window, maybe to look more stealth I assumed. He had a turbo of coarse, intake, exhaust, boost controller, and some other random goodies. Next guy is a 2000ish white honda civic. This is turbo charged and is completely gutted! No door panels, no carpet, no a/c, no heater, this thing is basically a tin can with an engine and a light weight little racing seat. So my bro lines up to race the Talon from a dig. Another one of their guys flags them and they take off. The T/A pulls immediately off the line a lot faster and by the time he is in third the Talon just drops back. Back at the line he says he missed 2nd and just wants to do roll races now cause he can't get traction as well. They then go from a 25ish roll and punch it a little after the quarter mile start line. The T/A starts to put cars on him and at the finish line (end of the quarter) my bro has a good 4 or more cars on him.

Next is the Civic. Same thing, from a 25ish roll, punch it a little after the starting line, this thing is a lot faster then the talon! When my bro flew past at the finish line he had about two cars on the civic. The civic wanted another go, they do it again and my bro gets about 2 1/2 cars this time. I don't think they wanted to admit defeat so they say they have a buddy that has a new subaru that's way faster then them.

They call him and he shows up, its an 06' or 07' STI. I guess this dude knows a lot about programming and does his own tunes. Says he has a few mods, intake, cat back, boost controller, tune. He asks what weve been doing and we tell him roll races so he says he'll go for a roll as well, 25ish once again, one of their guys flags them and there off! Every gear my Bro goes through he is slowely crawling away from the STI and at the end of the quarter the STI's nose is right on my bro's rear bumper. It was a damn close race.

So I guess now my brother is the fastest car around for now. Supposedly there is a guy with a suped up el camino that wants a go at us now. Its funny cause we beat all those guys and all my brother's T/A has is SLP cold air intake, K&N filter, SLP Lid, SLP Smooth Bellow, Descreened Maf, Gutted Cats, and a cat back. Compared to most guys on LS1tech his car is slow. Anyways we got it all on tape but we were told by the import guys that we were not to put it on the internet, and we aren't dicks so we will respect that. Oh, BTW, can you guess what the STI guy's excuse was for losing? Come on, you didn't think we could beat them all without one of them giving an excuse did you? He said he "just recently did a tune and his computer was still adjusting so that why he lost" LOL, I guess at least it wasn't the old, "Oh, I have a boost leak" or my favorite "My car just isn't running right right now"

Last edited by TheBlueKnight; 01-11-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please separate each car/kill in different PARAGRAPHS! Otherwise good kills and putting the imports where they belong.. in the loser circle!
Old 01-11-2009, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

that civic that is gutted and has a turbo is pathetic if it lost to a full weight bolt on LS1. maybe the guy with the STI should let professionals tune his car. nice kills and which TA was involved the blue one or the orange-ish one?
Old 01-11-2009, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ads_99ta
that civic that is gutted and has a turbo is pathetic if it lost to a full weight bolt on LS1. maybe the guy with the STI should let professionals tune his car. nice kills and which TA was involved the blue one or the orange-ish one?
The orange one, Sunset Orange Metallic
Old 01-11-2009, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 94Mustang302ci
Please separate each car/kill in different PARAGRAPHS! Otherwise good kills and putting the imports where they belong.. in the loser circle!
Fixed...
Old 01-11-2009, 11:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Send me the vid. whytryz28@yahoo.com

I wont put it up i just want to see the racing.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by whytryz28
Send me the vid. whytryz28@yahoo.com

I wont put it up i just want to see the racing.
Sorry man, maybe next time I see them I can convince them to let us give it out, but for right now its gonna stay with us, I don't have much but I'm a man of my word.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
Sorry man, maybe next time I see them I can convince them to let us give it out, but for right now its gonna stay with us, I don't have much but I'm a man of my word.
So you have to have their permission to let someone see this video?
Old 01-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

That is the most annoying ******* video I have EVER seen!!

"ONNNE.....TWWWWWO.....THREEEE...................................GOWWWWWWWWW!!!"

I'd have to punch that bitch in the face if she rode shotgun. Are your horns broken?
Old 01-11-2009, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
That is the most annoying ******* video I have EVER seen!!

"ONNNE.....TWWWWWO.....THREEEE...................................GOWWWWWWWWW!!!"

I'd have to punch that bitch in the face if she rode shotgun. Are your horns broken?
HAHA, we have the passenger yell so its more even, we found if we honked, whoever was honking would get a slight jump because they knew it was coming. No need for name calling man, she is really cool , its hard to hear over my bro's car since he gutted the cats so I told her to say it loud, she did a good job.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

So you have to have their permission to let someone see this video?
I've had numerous people ask me for it, I know most people are honest, but it only takes one person to give it to the wrong person before it gets posted on the net. We are gonna keep for right now.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Banned

Good kills, im guessing they all had boost leaks....
Old 01-11-2009, 01:01 PM
TECH Regular

LOL Stopsign.

Nice kills for your bro man.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

I've had numerous people ask me for it, I know most people are honest, but it only takes one person to give it to the wrong person before it gets posted on the net. We are gonna keep for right now.
I say post that **** up! If they knew you were video taping then they shouldn't have raced you. Shame on them for being stupid. But I bet chances are if you lost the video would already be online anyways.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

dude, does your bro have a mullet? that is THE ****! nice kills too.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SPLATT
dude, does your bro have a mullet? that is THE ****! nice kills too.
I thought all you guys had one.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Banned

LOL....***.

Yah, post the video. I have to see it to believe it that he beat the STI...
Old 01-11-2009, 01:14 PM
TECH Regular

No not true. It falls one of two ways. The Mullet, which by the more sofisticated Fbody crowd prefer it called by its more exotic pronounciation. The Mullea. Or the Burt Reynolds mustache. Those are the options.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:15 PM
TECH Regular

Some dare to have both.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:16 PM
TECH Regular

They get all the *****.