LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Street Racing & Kill Stories (https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories-36/)
-   -   Last night's festivities! (https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories/1055395-last-nights-festivities.html)

obZidian 01-27-2009 02:24 PM

Last night's festivities!

Well, I had three races last night in the Z06. Again, my car has intake+tune and puts down 465rwhp sae @ 11.8afr (peak) :(

Anyways, first was a VERY, VERY clean s13 240sx. Fully built sr20, 20G (gt35) turbo ... clean car! Car makes 520rwhp on pump and weighs in around 2700lbs.

Anyways, two runs... first run, at 60mph to 170mph (me) I was ahead about by two-3 1/2 cars. He said that he didn't brake boost and fell behind. Who knows, cool guy though so I don't have a reason to think he is lying. (More on that later.)

Second run, same mph, he brake boost and takes a good hit! I follow and we are even. I shift into 4th and begin to creep away.

Good race!!! Awesome car with tons of cash into it and it shows.

The second and third car of the night were two 03-04 cobra's. The first was some guy who called me out and says he is pushing 480rwhp and with a 100 shot. He said he won't spray..... :)

Anyways, two runs. First run, at 60mph, we go together and to 140, i ONLY pull a half a car on him. Hmmmmmmm..... interesting. Second race, again, same mph but he takes the hit. He gets a 1/2 car jump, I reel that 1/2 car back and pull another 1/2 on top. Hmmmm... cobra moves a bit to much for being 480rwhp and weighing in at 3800lbs.

We get back and I asked to be upfront and he says, nope, my car just moves like that... its faster than most cobra's. :bang: He won't budge so w/e... I then move away and talk to my buddies with in ear shot and clearly state that he is lying. He looks over and says nothing. Either, he is putting down way more than that on motor or is spraying. Either way, typical street racing BS!

His mods, which I knew from before and had to practically drag it out of him are:

ported blower w/ pulley's
intake, exhaust etc.
3.2-something gears
100shot (I know its more, confirmed by others)

Anyways, not a bit deal since I won both races but the BS was thick last night! :) Also, his shirt said 515rwhp cobra club... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!

Anyways, last race was against another cobra, convertible with a stated 510-515rwhp.

Mods are:

Ported blower w/pulley
built motor with cams
bolt-on's
stock gears.

Anyways, first race, my car felt sluggish but no matter. 60mph, got together and at 140mph, I was ahead about 2 cars, car and 3/4. Now that seems right!

Second race, after about 20 minutes of chatting we go again and well, I thought he missed a gear or something, which he didn't... I yanked him about 4-5 HONEST cars! Big difference from before. I think i got a jump on the honks but a slight one but for sure my car felt back to being 100% My coolant temps were high from the previous two races and on the last one, they were at the usual 192.

Anyways, fun night... had some good racing and the BS was being splattered like syrup at IHOP.

Anyone out there have a club on how much HP that first cobra was really running? If the second one was at 510rwhp and I was ahead by two cars, then the first has to be around the 550rwhp, right? I know i'm bench racing like a MOFO but inquiring minds want to know.

A.

MYSTIC-1SC 01-27-2009 02:42 PM

sounds like you had fun, congrats on the kills.

PNYKLR-TA 01-27-2009 03:44 PM

nice dude, and im sure the first guy was totally full of shit up to his eyes. he was just butt sore he lost.

KroMiniX 01-27-2009 03:56 PM

Good kills.... Haven't seen you in a minute too.... Hows the camaro build?

chuck01 01-27-2009 03:57 PM

Nice Kills...... On the first Corba I bet he sprayed..... You should have raced him again and told him to spray....I bet the result would have been the same.

burnerdown2 01-27-2009 04:04 PM

awesume on the kills...sounds like ya had fun!!! i so envy you southern guys, being able to race in the winter...all i can race is dog sled teams,lol

obZidian 01-27-2009 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA (Post 10934215)
nice dude, and im sure the first guy was totally full of shit up to his eyes. he was just butt sore he lost.

Apparently... with the amount of weight those terminators have to move around, it just didn't make sense. Interestingly, I found him on youtube and he raced a buddy of mines c6 ls3. Off bottle, obviously, i beat him pretty bad. Well, the same cobra, @ 500rwhp through is own admission, was only 1/2 car in front of the ls3 off bottle. Sooooooooo... for him to hang with me, IMO, 3/4 to 1 car with me, he has to of had more power.... hmmmm! :)

Originally Posted by KroMiniX (Post 10934293)
Good kills.... Haven't seen you in a minute too.... Hows the camaro build?

Yeah, been here and there. The camaro is almost done but I have probaby said that a billion times. It has taken a big toll on me and my wallet, but I feel we are very close. It actually fired up about a week ago, however, the autometer control box for the nexus gauges gave out and autometer was being reluctant to send us a new one.... which they did anyways. So, right now, its tune, break-in, some testing and she should be ready for me to take her finally home... its been 3 years with me pouring money into it and not even being able to see it progress through the stages.

A.

Originally Posted by chuck01 (Post 10934303)
Nice Kills...... On the first Corba I bet he sprayed..... You should have raced him again and told him to spray....I bet the result would have been the same.

After digging around, that is the only conclusion... or he was able to stuff a KB twin screw into an eaton frame! I thought about it but i felt let him know, to his face, that I knew he was full of it was more than enough... would of been fun to see or hear his reaction though. :devil: Even if he agreed, I would of won.... maybe even throw in some money (which I never do) to make it interesting! :)

Yeah, fun night! Its probably the car but lately, I don't just have single race nights anymore... As soon as I park, I always see two or three dudes walking in my direction. :)

Zac_Speed 01-27-2009 08:04 PM

Did the 08' Z06's get the TR6060 or is that not until the 09's? Hey, put some exhaust and a cam in the Z and race him again, but don't let him know your new mods. He will go home and slam his pecker in a sliding glass door trying to figure that one out!!! :bang:

obZidian 01-27-2009 09:47 PM

lol funny! I simply don't understand the reason behind it... i mean, I do, but it's not something I would do. I guess I'm not that big of a punk. Anyways, it would hard to hid this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpe1wVBRkVE

Oh, yes... the 08's are the first year with the TR6060... nice trans., much smoother than the T56 however, when cold, it can be notchy.

Zac_Speed 01-27-2009 09:51 PM

God I want one so bad. I could go to sleep listening to that. I just bought my first house and maybe when I'm done with college a nice new garage and one of those will cap things off for me!!! :chug:

obZidian 01-28-2009 11:53 AM

Funny.... i'm looking at getting a house right now... getting married in a year. You can pick one up now or in the distant future for cheap... and honestly, these cars are just built right. Gearing, powerband, shift-points, everything.... all you would need is a bit more power if something fast is gunning for you, better tires is a must and maybe some suspension work. Brakes are good for the street, but on the track, the don't last to long.

ChevyS10sbc 01-29-2009 06:18 PM

The cobra is probly running like a 200 shot. Witch is near 150-175 deppending on everything. NOS is weird remeber, changes to temp and how its sprayed.

CharlieCobra03 01-29-2009 07:41 PM

Funny thing about Cobra's. Take a 50 shot on a SC'd Cobra and it puts out 75HP/95TQ extra on the dyno. It wasn't a 200 shot, 100 maybe.

Slow Vette 01-29-2009 10:37 PM

nice runs..was by any chance the vert cobra, mystichrome?? like it would change colors

whiteghost 01-30-2009 10:12 AM

The Nissan guy is BSing you on his #s. His lighter more powerful car should have walked you pretty badly up top. Also a 20g turbo is not a gt35, the 20g is a Mitsu turbo that maxes out in the low 400whp range, but the gt35 is good to 600+whp on a small displacement motor like the SR20 DET.

Good races and nice kills on the Cobra idiot.:D

obZidian 01-30-2009 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03 (Post 10950330)
Funny thing about Cobra's. Take a 50 shot on a SC'd Cobra and it puts out 75HP/95TQ extra on the dyno. It wasn't a 200 shot, 100 maybe.

He said he sprayed a 100shot... but I read elsewhere that he was spraying a 150shot. On the terminators, they love the bottle... efficient on the bottle.

Originally Posted by Slow Vette (Post 10951565)
nice runs..was by any chance the vert cobra, mystichrome?? like it would change colors

Yeup, that's albie's cobra! The second, beat him bad.

Originally Posted by whiteghost (Post 10953504)
The Nissan guy is BSing you on his #s. His lighter more powerful car should have walked you pretty badly up top. Also a 20g turbo is not a gt35, the 20g is a Mitsu turbo that maxes out in the low 400whp range, but the gt35 is good to 600+whp on a small displacement motor like the SR20 DET.

Good races and nice kills on the Cobra idiot.:D

Right, well, he is also on a built motor. I maybe be wrong on the turbo but I'm confident it makes 520rwhp. Interestingly enough, I have raced other cars with that much power weighing in at around the same and I don't get beat. :)

PNYKLR-TA 01-30-2009 02:11 PM

^ driver mod 6.10 everyone else is still in the first few versions haha.

slowbra 02-01-2009 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by chuck01 (Post 10934303)

lol you chevy owners make me laugh. To the OP. I hope you bring a nicely setup z06 or else you guys will be sitting there :confused:

slowbra 02-01-2009 02:21 PM

The next time I race you I will take a passenger with a camera so I can show ls1tech a real cobra. But to race your buddies bottled Z06 i have to go bymyself. You are right man. It is pretty sad that my cobra with 490rwhp/470 ft/lbs hung with your intake/tune z06. Driver mod ftmfW. Im sorry that you race half ass hialeah cobras and think thats how every cobra runs. If you want I can bring you an intake/tune LS3 that will keep up with you. Thats sad.

JayplaySS 02-01-2009 02:29 PM

Ouch, I heard that :D