Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

96ws6 vs. EVO (older style)

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 03:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
It's just a personal rule of mine.. especially in roll races. I like to run it out to about 120-130 before I shut down.
HAHA i was just making a funny point man, and i agree if you are rolling racing you should be going up to atleast 110.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:49 PM
***Repost Police***

Generally in whatever car I'm in, I'll run to the top of 4th gear. So ~120mph.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Generally in whatever car I'm in, I'll run to the top of 4th gear. So ~120mph.
Yeah. fock 5th.. OD isn't good for speed.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Teching In

I'd say auto-crossing is racing though. Certainly takes more skill than roll racing on public streets. I'm by no means an expert cone-wacker but I can appreciate the skills some of those guys have.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Steiner
I'd say auto-crossing is racing though. Certainly takes more skill than roll racing on public streets. I'm by no means an expert cone-wacker but I can appreciate the skills some of those guys have.
Maybe the people in the road racing section would care.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

LT1 beating an EVO....no way.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

Nice car. Are the black mirrors stock? If not, nice touch.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Teching In

Im going to have to agree with the guy on page 1. I highly doubt you could put many cars on an EVO, even stock with the mods you have. Even if you trapped 105-106. EVO's suck from a roll when they are stock. When they are modded, they are plenty quick enough. Now, my EVO was full bolt-on with cams, but I could put "bus lengths" on a stock/lightly modded LS1 with no problem. My friend video taped this from inside a 98 T/A LS1. Since you are in NJ, I could probably find a friend or two that have EVOs (near stock or even stock) that would race you and do a good comparison. I sold my EVO over a year ago, Im currently in the market to buy a C5 Z06 so right now Im without a fast car :-( BTW here is the vid of me and that 98 LS

http://media.putfile.com/Bolt-on-TA-vs-Electric-EVO
Old 02-05-2009, 10:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steiner
Ok, this is the street racing section. not... the autocross racing section?
Old 02-05-2009, 10:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Electric
Im going to have to agree with the guy on page 1. I highly doubt you could put many cars on an EVO, even stock with the mods you have. Even if you trapped 105-106. EVO's suck from a roll when they are stock. When they are modded, they are plenty quick enough. Now, my EVO was full bolt-on with cams, but I could put "bus lengths" on a stock/lightly modded LS1 with no problem. My friend video taped this from inside a 98 T/A LS1. Since you are in NJ, I could probably find a friend or two that have EVOs (near stock or even stock) that would race you and do a good comparison. I sold my EVO over a year ago, Im currently in the market to buy a C5 Z06 so right now Im without a fast car :-( BTW here is the vid of me and that 98 LS

grats. I believe you, I'm just telling you what happened on the street. I said a BUS not BUSES.

Originally Posted by ThoR294
shut his pass down as he was at my front fender, and put cars on him hard. by 120 i had to be a bus or 2 ahead of him. no contest.
bus OR 2. not BUSES like 30. also, its not like i turned my head while i was doing ~130 to focus and think exactly how far i was ahead of him. all i know is that he was in my rearview mirror.

Last edited by ThoR294; 02-05-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Electric

"BUS LENGHTS" on a "lightly modded" LS1 with a full bolt on Evo??

By "lightly modded" you mean a A4 car with an aftermarket MAF and 4 fatasses in the car who didn't even know you were racing??

Sounds about right, because thats the only way that would happen. Stop acting like Evos are some kind of god like cars, you aren't fooling anyone but yourself.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
Maybe the people in the road racing section would care.
You asked about racing to triple digit speeds or it's not a race at all. That's the only reason I mentioned it.

Originally Posted by ThoR294
Ok, this is the street racing section. not... the autocross racing section?
Your story still smells worse than my ***. Congrats on the creative writing project though Pinocchio. You've got quite the imagination.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:13 AM
11 Second Club

Is there a particular reason you don't believe the story? It's definately believable. . he beat an evo. Get over it dude
Old 02-06-2009, 04:18 AM
Teching In

It's not about the car he beat. I just have trouble buying into the fact that so many import kills in here involve a total stereotypical deuche in the other car. If it was an import forum and some clown claimed a kill on an LS1 Camaro putting out blue smoke and driven by slack jaw hick with a wife beater and mullet I'd be calling BS too. Maybe he's telling the truth. I don't care. It just sounds like the same old canned story I've heard a million times in here designed to elicit responses like "way to put that ricer in his place" and "I can't stand these ricer punks", etc, etc.

I'm done. Enjoy your thread. Believe it if you want. It certainly has all the right ingredients to be a sure fire hit for the import haters in here.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:16 AM
TECH Addict

I love the fact that he hung behind me the entire time after I whooped his ***. That made him a douche IMO. There was so much open highway after the 2nd run. We coulda slowed down to about 65 or so and done another run with 3 honks. but his vagina hurt too much so he hung back.

also, i dont think every import driver is a douche. There are plenty of domestic douche people. kid at my school had an 88gta a4 with a 305. he talked it up so much saying it had a swapped 350 (which is kind of believable but the cat sticker said 305). it had shorties with a stock cat back, plugs/wires/dist. from all that I could see. He was saying it was so fast and beast and that he could whoop my *** (at the time i had a 94 formula 6speed that was bone stock). He tried to beat me from a 20mph roll and i **** all over his face, soooo bad. He didn't say much after that. He also raced a 04 sunfire 5speed that had some bolt-ons. he lost to that also. He claimed he lost because he missed a shift (in an auto)

Last edited by ThoR294; 02-06-2009 at 06:23 AM.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02

By "lightly modded" you mean a A4 car with an aftermarket MAF and 4 fatasses in the car who didn't even know you were racing??

Sounds about right, because thats the only way that would happen. Stop acting like Evos are some kind of god like cars, you aren't fooling anyone but yourself.
No it was actually just a drive who was a skinny pinhead and the passenger was around 170. Never said anything about god like cars. I dont even own one anymore. And btw, I did the beeping and they took off on the 2nd beep if you watch... anyway who cares. Not a big deal.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:04 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02

the only person putting any car on a pedestal is you.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Teching In

from a dig on a short race itll be close and chance r an evo might win but from a 70mph roll there aint a chance sorry jsut aint gonna happen witha bolt on evo
Old 02-16-2009, 09:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by thor294
kid at my school had an 88gta a4 with a 305.
njit?