LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Street Racing & Kill Stories (https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories-36/)
-   -   96ws6 vs. EVO (older style) (https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories/1057762-96ws6-vs-evo-older-style.html)

ThoR294 02-01-2009 02:26 AM

96ws6 vs. EVO (older style)

Im driving home from pburg on 78E doin about 80 in the left lane. No traffic, its perfect. I'm behind a pack of cars and I kinda notice these tail lights in front of me. They look ricer-ish, so I speed up a little to catch up. Lo and behold, its an evo.

I get closer and i noticed its badges are shaved, with the shark fins above the rear window. I pass him on the right (im doing about 85-90 at this point). No aggressive pass, just in 6th gear... and I see stickers all the way down the fender. I giggle at the stickers as I pass.

Apparently me passing this guy offends the shit out of him because he gets right behind me as I make the pass. Now I know its on :engarde:

I pass the pack of cars that he was in, and we are in the far left lane as he is right on my ass. I slow down to about 70-75 (sweet spot for 3rd). He is still right behind me... and he makes the move to pass me on the right. He gets to about my door till i match his pass then start pulling on him. Im about 3-4 cars ahead by 110, but I shut down due to traffic.

I figured he wouldn't try me from a high speed roll again, cause that's not his territory at all. but he persists. We are cruisin through traffic in the left lane at around 80mph. The road opens up again and he tries to flyby me at around 85-90mph. LOL, lets just say as soon as I hit the gas, I shut his pass down as he was at my front fender, and put cars on him hard. by 120 i had to be a bus or 2 ahead of him. no contest.

After that run he trailed FAR FAR behind me the whole way home. poor babbbbbby :P

Irunelevens 02-01-2009 10:21 AM

Good kill. :nod: Any new mods since the track time in your sig?

ThoR294 02-01-2009 11:16 AM

actually, the track time is with less mods in the sig. I added GMMG, !TB coolant, TPIS air foil, stage 2 clutch, alum DS and the eaton positrac since i did that run.

that track time was at englishtown. I went to island dragway without the alum ds and GMMG, and i couldnt break out of the 14s... lol

ThoR294 02-02-2009 09:41 PM

never any <3 for LT1 kills :(

ScrapSilicon 02-02-2009 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by ThoR294 (Post 10975159)
never any <3 for LT1 kills :(

:wavey: ..oh and btw do you have a clip w/ the gmmg installed ?

TheTugBoat 02-02-2009 09:58 PM

Good shit man. Hope he knew it was an LT1 too, but most fanboys don't have a clue.

ballhawkdawk 02-02-2009 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by ThoR294 (Post 10963426)
Apparently me passing this guy offends the shit out of him because he gets right behind me as I make the pass. Now I know its on :engarde:

He could've just noticed a respectable car going by and thinking "might be a good run..." instead of "OMFG IM GOING TO GET THIS JERK OFF EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

If someone in anything that seemed like a decent race went by me at 90, I'd jump on their ass hoping for a race too.

ballhawkdawk 02-02-2009 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by TheTugBoat (Post 10975320)
Good shit man. Hope he knew it was an LT1 too, but most fanboys don't have a clue.

Not only that.. it was a WS6. Everyone knows WS6s are way faster.

Newskool Mach 02-02-2009 10:16 PM

Nice kill on the rice bucket. Can't believe he is that much of a pussy that he hung back. Even if I get beat I will always have the respect to give the guy the thumbs up.

TheTugBoat 02-02-2009 11:08 PM

^^good thing you never lose right? :D

Newskool Mach 02-03-2009 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by TheTugBoat (Post 10975890)
^^good thing you never lose right? :D

My car is fast, not unbeatable.:D

ThoR294 02-03-2009 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk (Post 10975332)
He could've just noticed a respectable car going by and thinking "might be a good run..." instead of "OMFG IM GOING TO GET THIS JERK OFF EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

If someone in anything that seemed like a decent race went by me at 90, I'd jump on their ass hoping for a race too.

yeah, but getting right on my ass and then after losing twice hanging behind about half a mile... im going to go with the jerk off motion.

and no i dont have a GMMG clip yet... I tried to record it myself but my camera blows and the sound quality is poor :(

alwaysinboost 02-03-2009 09:24 PM

either that EVO never downshifted from 6th to race you or it was a regular lancer with some "EVO-cosmetic" mods. there is no way with your 102.77 trap you could pull bus lenghts on one.

ballhawkdawk 02-03-2009 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by alwaysinboost (Post 10982315)
either that EVO never downshifted from 6th to race you or it was a regular lancer with some "EVO-cosmetic" mods. there is no way with your 102.77 trap you could pull bus lenghts on one.

If an Evo that trapped 107 came on here claiming to put a bus on an LS1, we'd all be calling bullshit. It's just the way of LS1tech.

ThoR294 02-03-2009 09:59 PM

also that 102mph trap is before half the mods in my sig. evos suck from a roll

Steiner 02-04-2009 03:46 AM

This story smells like dung but it's well crafted. Who's gonna argue with a freeway roll kill on an Evo? Nice touch with the stickers on the fender and the driver being a tool too. All you need is a ricer flyby at the end and it would be like every other import kill in here. It's almost BS proof. Thing is your car is slower than a stock Evo and you've got the time slip in your signature to prove it. Also big congrats on finding the last bone stock Evo left in PA. Let me guess. Was the driver also an Asian dude with his hat on sideways? Was he slouched back in his seat gangsta style with gauges all up and down the pillar? OMFG we know that guy. It's the same import driver who gets raped by every Camaro in this forum.

Newskool Mach 02-04-2009 03:56 AM

:corn:

alwaysinboost 02-04-2009 07:17 AM

don't forget that time in his sig was only with half the mods he has listed... he's got to be atleast half a second & 5mph faster with that strut tower brace.

Irunelevens 02-04-2009 07:27 AM

He's picked up what... 5-10hp with the GMMG/!TB coolant/air foil/DS?

AznMuscle 02-04-2009 07:44 AM

From what I am seeing on drag times....trap speeds are in the high 90s to about 100 mph. From a roll, ETs don't matter...traps do. He is probably trapping 103, maybe 104...I could definitely see him pulling on a evo on the top end. Plus, stock turbo evos, from my knowledge anyway, don't have that pull on the top end. Similar to the srts...no top end really. Not till more mods/better turbo.

EDIT: Eh, found some in the 104 range. They all are MRs save I think one. That 6 speed help with the gearing, and over trap speeds?