Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Stalked by a Challenger R/T

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 06:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Stalked by a Challenger R/T

Earlier I was out of town and I pulled into a store's parking area just to back track on the road. As I did this, I saw this orange 08 challenger r/t in the parking lot. I'm getting back on the road and saw this middle-aged man scramble to get in his car. So 2 miles down the road, I'm at this traffic light turned red. I looked up and I see this R/T hauling *** and got behind me. So the green light came and I went on. Then, a car was in front of me so I passed it got back in the same lane. The R/T shadowed my move and got behind me. Got on the interstate, and there he is behind me. So I speed up to pass some more cars and he does the same thing. Ahead, there's plenty of room and no traffic. Now, I see him nailing it hard from behind trying to pass me. So I gunned it stopping his pull and I walked him for about I want to say about 2-3 carlengths before I let off the gas. So I guess he had enough because he got off the next exit.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha nice one of them would follow me for an *** handing!
Old 02-14-2009, 08:00 PM
10 Second Club

nice kill bro, maybe if he was spraying a 100 shot he would give you a run, even with bolt ons they aren't very quick.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:39 PM
TECH Addict

good kill, i had a older guy in a SRT8 Challenger try and gun it a lil after the light hit green. i guess he saw me checkin out his car lol but it didnt look very impressive at all. pretty nice looking car's though.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:44 PM
12 Second Club

Ya know, if i got one as a family car, it would be a black SRT8 magnum, cause i think out of them all, even the new challenger, they look the best, with the spoiler and hood, but honestly those thinks need a blower or something to fit thier look. Good kill, bring those mopar boys back down from thier cloud they are on right now with the challenger. Sad when my buddies bolt on geared 01 GT can beat one up on the interstate!!
Old 02-14-2009, 08:50 PM
TECH Regular

This is why the new Camaro worries me from a performance point of view. At some point you lose the fine balance between luxury/technology and performance. You may have 400hp stock but you're going to get your *** handed to you by lighter cars with less horsepower every single time. Good kill though op. Nothing like beating a car that costs four times as much
Old 02-15-2009, 05:54 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ItsNotStock
This is why the new Camaro worries me from a performance point of view. At some point you lose the fine balance between luxury/technology and performance. You may have 400hp stock but you're going to get your *** handed to you by lighter cars with less horsepower every single time. Good kill though op. Nothing like beating a car that costs four times as much
Yea I agree with u man. In my mind, either u get a performance car or luxury car. I mean people will get what they want as long as they got the money for it. Some people don't know of it's capabilities and limitations. All that guy probably thought because his car is newer and it has a 5.7 HEMI that he could easily take me down. Well, he was wrong. Also, average customer only knows about the car's HP/TQ rating. What they fail to realize is that those numbers are crank HP. RWHP/RWTQ is where it's at.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:27 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by gyrene2003
Ya know, if i got one as a family car, it would be a black SRT8 magnum, cause i think out of them all, even the new challenger, they look the best, with the spoiler and hood, but honestly those thinks need a blower or something to fit thier look. Good kill, bring those mopar boys back down from thier cloud they are on right now with the challenger. Sad when my buddies bolt on geared 01 GT can beat one up on the interstate!!
I can definitely see that happening from a dig, but from a high-speed roll? Can your buddy's GT beat LS1s up top?