Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

cop in z/28!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cop in z/28!

This is a little off topic, but hey here goes.
I was driving on I-355 a few weeks ago, probably approaching Schaumburg. Just cruising at around 80-85 in the left lane. These two jackass ricers come flying by me at over 100, weaving in and out. It was like a civic and an integra. I saw one little punk as he momentarily slowed down, and of course flipped him off. No response. So on they go, just driving like complete asses. A few miles later, I see the same kid pulled over on the side.
The only weird thing is, he was pulled over by a dark blue z/28, with cherries on the dash. Total stealth.
No markings. I've never seen that before, and of course laughed as I rolled by. Anybody else see this around Chicago area? Sorry this wasn't a kill story, but it was the best I could do considering I drive a minivan.
rice!
Old 10-11-2003, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: cop in z/28!

There's a B4C in my city. They are turds though due to all the weight from the police equipment. Easily enough to catch dumbass ricers though.
Old 10-11-2003, 02:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are a few where i lived, sleepers that is.

3 GT's
3 Stratus's
2 Taurus's
Older Barreta (sp?)

Those were the sleepers, there is also a B4C but has all the markings.

For awhile they didn't have markings on them but the people raised up a stink about it. They started putting labels on the cars but closely matched the paint, you wouldn't know it was them until you flew by. By then it's to late.

One of the cops in the GT's would try to get you to race, revving and all. Busted a few people that way. One of my buds said that was close to entrapment or something like that.

Keep your eyes peeled.
Old 10-11-2003, 02:50 PM
Launching!

In Cali we have white Z 28 highway patrol's all over the place. One came up on my butt once and I didn't know about them yet, so I thought I had a race. Then he pull's beside me and I see the star on the door and I just about passed out.
Old 10-11-2003, 03:39 PM
TECH Regular

hey SShark where in cal are you. Ive never seen those before.
Old 10-11-2003, 03:48 PM
TECH Regular

We have them here in ga as well, to catch the cars that race on the highway.
Old 10-11-2003, 04:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here there's an 01 Cobra with a full exhaust, intake, other boltons that the cops confiscated from some drug dealer or something. I didn't believe it until I saw it. I'd cry if the cops took my car for a patrol car- then again, i'm not a drug dealer, so id on't really have to worry about it.
Old 10-11-2003, 07:43 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lots of FHP Camaros in Florida, fully marked. They look menacing.
Old 10-11-2003, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lots of FHP Camaros in Florida, fully marked. They look menacing.

Yeah, I saw one of those on the dyno the other day...they are tough looking! We have a couple unmarked B4C's in the county
Old 10-11-2003, 11:54 PM
TECH Resident

I've seen that Z alot up and down 294. Unless they have more then 1. Been pulled over by a champagne colored Suburban b4 on 294. On 290 around the Woodfield mall area ive seen a black GTP with a car pulled over, as well as Intrepids. So be carefull on the Chicago area highways.
Old 10-12-2003, 03:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah be careful--
but i still think 55 and 355 to rt. 53 is a great place for speed and to show ricers what's up... and I-88. represent
Old 10-12-2003, 08:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

we have quite a few Z's here in houston, and just the reg impalas and crown vics. other then that they have totally unmarked cops that roll around trying to get you to race. oh well just keep your eyes peeled!
Old 10-12-2003, 08:47 PM
STF Veteran

people can raise a stink about unmarked cop cars? really? like, what do you say when you call them up... "yeah i saw this cop car the other day that didn't have any markings on it, and i don't like that because... um.. because... ok, i don't have any legitimate reason to complain other than now i can't speed as often cause i don't know if a cop is around". yeah, something tells me that excuse just isn't going to fly.

maybe there is some legtimate reasoning i don't know about. englighten me?
Old 10-13-2003, 09:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^^
The obvious one is entrapment
The not so obvious but significantly more important is clearly identifiable officer of the city, town, or state to avoid fraudulent or criminal imposters. I'm sure we've all heard of crimes perpetrated by 'fake' police officers. People get a lot more hesitant when they're pulled over by plain jane vehicles with a flashing light on the dash, especially lonely females. Not only is it harder to properly mark a car to look authentic, but it's a hell of a lot easier for the real authorities to identify and catch such a falsely marked car. There have only been a few scattered cases of this sort of crime, but that's all that is needed to fuel the debate for having every single law enforcement vehicle on the road clearly marked.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:39 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Both Indiana and Kentucky use B4C Camaros for traffic enforcement and they are stealth. Last time I was home I saw a totally unmarked one with small dash cherries and strobe fog lights pulling someone over. The car was Pewter and had no badges (Z28 or police).

Here in TX, all the B4C's I have seen have had proper police paint and badging.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

We have several Z28 highway patrols in my area. To my knowledge all of ours are black and white and badged.
Old 10-13-2003, 12:03 PM
Staging Lane

About a year ago, I had to drive the company van from Charlotte to Columbia for something or other, I can't remember exactly what. It's about a 90 mile drive on I-77, but as it was a company vehicle and I'm paid hourly, I took my time and went slower than usual. Thank goodness, because along the way down and back I saw a total of about 12 different SCHP Camaros that had pulled people over. I know they were different ones because they were in pretty much every color that Camaros come in. Only one was marked with police badging, the rest were all totally unmarked. Oh well, I guess I learned my lesson about whether or not to race a Camaro in SC before I had it taught to me by a cop in an unmarked one.
Old 10-13-2003, 12:13 PM
Staging Lane

I live in Joliet right off of I-55 and I-80 so I know the area well and have been up and down 355 many times. I can't say I have seen a z28 cop but I have seen a few mustangs and suv's. They get trickier and trickier every year so be on your toes (and off the lead foot).

speaking of lead foot has anyone seen that new commercial with the guy who goes to the doctor complaining of foot problems. Says it started when he bought his new car (forgot what car but it was 270hp). Then he drags his right foot which is of course made out of lead, gets in his car and launches off and out of sight.

It made me laugh and think haha I got more then 270hp

Old 10-13-2003, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

Both Indiana and Kentucky use B4C Camaros for traffic enforcement and they are stealth. Last time I was home I saw a totally unmarked one with small dash cherries and strobe fog lights pulling someone over. The car was Pewter and had no badges (Z28 or police).

Here in TX, all the B4C's I have seen have had proper police paint and badging.
Add a C5 Corvette to that list of UC cars in Louisville, Kentucky :-(
Old 10-13-2003, 12:58 PM
Launching!

Hey MaxedOutss99 I'm in the Bay area. Oakland to be exact.