Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Wife's minivan kills Ram 4x4

Old 02-18-2009, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Wife's minivan kills Ram 4x4

I figured that I'd put this in since it humored my friends and myself.

I was leaving the Navy Base that I work on pulling onto the main road. It was a weekend and traffic wasn't too bad. I'm alone driving the wife's minivan and mellowing out to XM radio.

As I'm heading down the road I glance in my rearview and see a 1994-99 body style Dodge Ram extended cab 4x swerving through traffic driving like a total ***.

He made his way through traffic and we got a redlight next to each other with no one in front. I switched off the traction control even though it was misty and wet then downshifted the Chrysler's tapshifter. I was hoping to give the guy a run for the money.

The light went green and I hit the gas first feathering it through the wet paint strip at the intersection. He nailed the gas and spun hard. I was off with the gas buried slapping upshifts like a pimp correcting his ho.

Well ahead, I caught the next red light and waited. Mr. Magnum V8 pulled alongside and looked at the Soccer Mom Mobile in astonishment. I glanced over and acted like we weren't racing.

When the light changed the Ram driver drove normally and let me ahead. I wonder if he told his buddies to look out for Chrysler Towne and Country minivans?
Old 02-18-2009, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ram=weak sauce. Good kill. Maybe he needs a hemi
Old 02-18-2009, 02:19 PM
12 Second Club

Haha thats great! reminds me of the time i walked my buddies RCSB 4.3L V6 truck with my moms 2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan. He was pissed! quad cam 3.0L V6 FTMFW!
Old 02-18-2009, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah, the Magnum V8 is okay for towing but runs out of breath. When my truck had just the FIPK and Borla catback I ran my friend's 360 Magnum 4x regular cab. He had headers, duals, intake, and chip. He'd get ahead by half a fender then we'd be even for a split second then I'd walk him once we were around 4500 RPM.

I'm dying to run an '09 Ram with my truck. They have some power.

The wife's minivan is a 6 speed auto. She hates it if I slapshift it. I don't really beat on it since it's the newer vehicle and our baby mover.

Slow car races can be the most fun, I'd hate to lose to a Minivan.

Last edited by JosephIV; 02-18-2009 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Added..
Old 02-18-2009, 03:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol, I beat a 2000- 2003 Audi A4 in the rain a few weeks back in my 2005 Sebring A4 coupe!!!! That dude needed a driver mod bigtime!!!
Old 02-18-2009, 03:48 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
lol, I beat a 2000- 2003 Audi A4 in the rain a few weeks back in my 2005 Sebring A4 coupe!!!! That dude needed a driver mod bigtime!!!
especially because he is AWD and should rip that sebring apart no matter what haah.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
especially because he is AWD and should rip that sebring apart no matter what haah.
lol, He should have ripped my AZZZZZ!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2009, 03:58 PM
TECH Addict

On the real I could have taken him even if it were dry!!!!
Old 02-18-2009, 04:56 PM
12 Second Club

On the real I could have taken him even if it were dry!!!!
yea and i beat C6z06's on the reg. . .
Old 02-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Teching In

haha nice kill man id hate to beat by i minivan i beat he didnt drive like a madman the rest of the day though lolmy buddys got a 4 door dakota with the v8 in it and that thing has no ***** for a truck my buddys 1500 5.3 smokes him all the time
Old 02-18-2009, 08:44 PM
Launching!

get this, a friend of mine drives a 99 v6 dakota, he threw a cai and some terrible sounding exhaust on it a drives everywhere like a fool. well this is the good part, we are leaving sunday service, and we both pull out at the same time and i know damn well he was gonna stomp it, im in my wifes...........98 chevy venture....uh huh 180hp 3.4. i stomped his ***. walked right by him while his shitty v6 was screamin its *** off.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JosephIV
Yeah, the Magnum V8 is okay for towing but runs out of breath. When my truck had just the FIPK and Borla catback I ran my friend's 360 Magnum 4x regular cab. He had headers, duals, intake, and chip. He'd get ahead by half a fender then we'd be even for a split second then I'd walk him once we were around 4500 RPM.

I'm dying to run an '09 Ram with my truck. They have some power.

The wife's minivan is a 6 speed auto. She hates it if I slapshift it. I don't really beat on it since it's the newer vehicle and our baby mover.

Slow car races can be the most fun, I'd hate to lose to a Minivan.
with the mods you have i don't see why you'd have a problem with an 09 ram...stock for stock though...my dads 5.7 07 hemi ram (quad cab) beat my buddies 02 z71...extended cab 5.3
Old 02-19-2009, 10:25 AM
TECH Addict

yea and i beat C6z06's on the reg. . .
lol, No... If I raced a C6z06 I might as well turn my car around and floor it in the other direction because thats what it would look like anyways!!!!

p.s. The Audi 1996-03 a4's were high 16 sec cars in the 1/4 mile and 0 - 60 in high 8's.. Ive never taken my sebring to the track (cause id get laughed at) before but have raced a friend of mine that has a Altima ES who runs low 16's and 0 - 60 in low 8's and beat him with a pretty strong pull from 15 to about 75... It cant launch worth a damn but runs ok on a roll against other stupid slow cars...lol It actualy feels about the same as my old 93 z-24 I used to drive... lol, still slow!
Old 02-19-2009, 10:48 AM
12 Second Club

lol, No... If I raced a C6z06 I might as well turn my car around and floor it in the other direction because thats what it would look like anyways!!!!

p.s. The Audi 1996-03 a4's were high 16 sec cars in the 1/4 mile and 0 - 60 in high 8's.. Ive never taken my sebring to the track (cause id get laughed at) before but have raced a friend of mine that has a Altima ES who runs low 16's and 0 - 60 in low 8's and beat him with a pretty strong pull from 15 to about 75... It cant launch worth a damn but runs ok on a roll against other stupid slow cars...lol It actualy feels about the same as my old 93 z-24 I used to drive... lol, still slow!
wow just wow. . . i didnt think they were that slow man! i just checked and you are right on par. . . i just figured cause of the AWD he would out launch you. . . guess not!
Old 02-19-2009, 11:55 AM
TECH Addict

wow just wow. . . i didnt think they were that slow man! i just checked and you are right on par. . . i just figured cause of the AWD he would out launch you. . . guess not!
lol, He should have still killed me in the rain! Dude needed a MAJOR driver mod!!!
Old 02-19-2009, 12:20 PM
12 Second Club

lol, He should have still killed me in the rain! Dude needed a MAJOR driver mod!!!
yea def haha. you see my post in the BS thread!? you better get a V soon before the prices start to sky rocket!
Old 02-19-2009, 12:35 PM
TECH Addict

yea def haha. you see my post in the BS thread!? you better get a V soon before the prices start to sky rocket!

"SS" and "V" Series Vehicles Disbanded

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: Automotive News special email alert

Jamie LaReau - Automotive News - February 18, 2009 - 5:05 pm ET

DETROIT -- General Motors, focusing on mainstream products in a battle to survive, has scrapped a unit that produced high-performance vehicles.

GM today disbanded High Performance Vehicle Operations, which is based at the company's suburban Detroit technical center, and redeployed its engineers, said spokesman Vince Muniga.

"All high-performance projects are on indefinite hold," Muniga said. "The engineers are moving into different areas of the organization, and they will work on Cadillacs, Buicks, Chevrolets and Pontiacs."

The unit created low-volume vehicles for GM's divisions designed to appeal to enthusiasts and bolster the company's image. Products included V-series Cadillacs and the Chevrolet Cobalt SS, HHR SS and a V-8 version of the Colorado.

Muniga said there are no plans for high-performance versions of upcoming cars.

The move is in the spirit of GM's viability plan delivered to the U.S. Treasury Department on Tuesday. In the plan, GM said its future-product focus is on fuel- efficient cars and crossovers. It also pledged to increase its current offering of six hybrids to 14 by 2012 and to 26 by 2014. GM also boosted its request for federal aid by as much as $16.6 billion.

The High Performance Vehicle Operations unit could be reinstated once GM regains its financial health, GM's Muniga said.

"These guys are pretty good at what they do," Muniga said, "They are moving into different areas to work on core products."

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...sbanded-75664/

****THIS IS FOR UPCOMING VEHICLES, not ones already in production.****

WHAT THE ****!!!!! IM STUCK UNTIL THE END OF THIS YEAR!!!! it says that it due to the government refusing to help unless they get rid of the SS-V lines!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2009, 02:35 PM
12 Second Club

WHAT THE ****!!!!! IM STUCK UNTIL THE END OF THIS YEAR!!!! it says that it due to the government refusing to help unless they get rid of the SS-V lines!!!!!!!!!!
yea its the goverments fault GM is effin up haha thats a hoot.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:35 PM
TECH Addict

yea its the goverments fault GM is effin up haha thats a hoot.
lol, I got to point the finger at someone!

I SHOULD POINT THE FINGER AT EUROPE FOR MAKING SUCH HIGH MPG CARS!!!!!! stupid lil 40mpg cars
Old 02-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Teching In

Ever seen an old turbo dodge caravan? Those things are funny to watch people build and race. We had one local guy do minor stuff and run mid 13's in his beating most of the import crowd and trucks.

Search this Thread