Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2 kills

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by germeezy1
Off the line to 70 mph with your mods your a drivers race with an S197. So he either didn't know how to drive or your car is about 50 rwhp healthier than the average LS1. 3 car lengths by 70 mph with you spinning would indicate a major stomping, and I don't see that happening with your mods.
The newer GT's I've run into are dogs. Both were from about 30-40mph rolls. I easily but 4-5 cars on it when I finally let out, and i gave them a little jump each time (about a fender). hell even in my buddys 95 vette (intake exhaust only) he put a few cars up to like 110. I'm sure there are quick ones out there, but not stock.

Oh and for the OP, my A4 will smoke tire through first and thats about it i guess my stock gears suck.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 87turbo2
The newer GT's I've run into are dogs. Both were from about 30-40mph rolls. I easily but 4-5 cars on it when I finally let out, and i gave them a little jump each time (about a fender). hell even in my buddys 95 vette (intake exhaust only) he put a few cars up to like 110. I'm sure there are quick ones out there, but not stock.

Oh and for the OP, my A4 will smoke tire through first and thats about it i guess my stock gears suck.
you talking about the Vette right? 3.15 gears is what they come with correct? so its not much of a difference to the OP's 3.23's and actually you are lighter so that would make it easier for you as well.

just another case to prove OP that you dont burn out "well" into second.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

yeah I smoke the **** out of first, then it gets squirly and catches and goes. But traction control usually stays on. Sucks from a dig, but helps from a roll
Old 02-27-2009, 02:23 PM
TECH Addict

Im still wondering what happened to OP????? He got silent after my post.... PLEASE RESPOND OP!!!! I WANT TO HEAR YOU SAY THAT YOUR GOING TO DO THE BURNOUT ON VIDEO AND BITCH SLAP US ALL FOR TALKING SHITTTTTTTTTT
Old 02-27-2009, 02:48 PM
TECH Regular

Here I am.

I have to work for a living fella's, cant be on all day.

I will post a vid asap. Ice all over the roads here right now, but I promise a vid.

And I apologize for getting shitty, but I have no need to fabricate stories on the internet.

And as far as all cars are built identical to one another doesnt mean anything. Some cars will automatically run stronger than others in stock form. That is the truth.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:02 PM
Launching!

Old 02-27-2009, 03:03 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by redlineracing
And as far as all cars are built identical to one another doesnt mean anything. Some cars will automatically run stronger than others in stock form. That is the truth.
This is true, but i also stated, that i have outran LS cars that are more modded than yours. That is the truth, and i have a built tranny, 3200 RPM stall, and stage 2 shift kit. And with a low/mid range cam, and i still don't burn out well into second. But i'd still love to see a video.

And pulling the I work for a living thing, doesnt really apply, as im working right now and almost 90% of the others are too, we just post inbetween work.

Now if you were on an icy road, that would explain everything and you just happened to leave that detail out in the original post. I also dont think its very wise to race on an icy road, but then again its your car do what you'd like.

I never intended to get shitty either if i seemed that way, i just dont take nicely to being told i had the ********* stupidest comment, when infact it was very truthful. But no harm done.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:31 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Guys, cheese and rice stop acting like little kids. This is his thread, if you feel he is wrong, say so and move on, there are plenty of threads to shoot off about. He appologized for insults and thats all you can ask for. Stop antagonizing the guy.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Guys, cheese and rice stop acting like little kids. This is his thread, if you feel he is wrong, say so and move on, there are plenty of threads to shoot off about. He appologized for insults and thats all you can ask for. Stop antagonizing the guy.

Yes father....
Its cool, I stoopped it anyways... Just told him to put it on vid!!!!
Old 02-27-2009, 07:35 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Yes father....
Its cool, I stoopped it anyways... Just told him to put it on vid!!!!
I fixed your thread son
Old 02-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Teching In

I am going to have to agree with PNYKLR, while my A4 Mach1 has absolutely no problem burning out well into second gear,an A4 LS1 would be lucky to burn half way through first...
Old 02-27-2009, 08:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DesertMach
I am going to have to agree with PNYKLR, while my A4 Mach1 has absolutely no problem burning out well into second gear,an A4 LS1 would be lucky to burn half way through first...
What you talking about man? My A4 LS1 can burn the tires right through all the gears!! LOL
Old 02-27-2009, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
Yea actually it is. . . and i even have drag radials. On the street my car hardly spins into second, at the Track it kicks the rear back and forth into second. Congrats
Yeah everyone knows VHT makes the track like ice! When I walk across it i nearly slip, not to mention how much less coefficient of friction concrete has than asphault

If you spin worse at the track than on the street, you might wanna pull outta the water box before you gun it
Old 02-27-2009, 11:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by crmartin99
Yeah everyone knows VHT makes the track like ice! When I walk across it i nearly slip, not to mention how much less coefficient of friction concrete has than asphault

If you spin worse at the track than on the street, you might wanna pull outta the water box before you gun it
Thank god, someone here knows what they are talking about.

I have seen shoes at Byron Dragway in Illinois be pulled off of a mans feet as he walked. The track is by no means slicker than the street.