LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Street Racing & Kill Stories (https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories-36/)
-   -   Cheated out of a race with an NSX today... (https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories/1075938-cheated-out-race-nsx-today.html)

LSWHO 03-04-2009 12:10 AM

Cheated out of a race with an NSX today...

Coming home from work this guy in an NSX is speeding around and noticed me just before a red light. I changed lanes over from the far right to the far left so he could be in the middle. (since I saw him speeding to either catch me or just to do it.)

Anyway I was ALL set and ready to go at the light. This faggot waits until after I launch and let off the gas completely and then decides to go. It was obvious. So I then floor it and by this time he's put a couple cars on me and when I finally downshift into first gear (at about 25-30 mph already thanks to his lagging start) I start spinning like crazy and he pulls a quick car on me again. I shift into second WAY too early and since now that I'm WAY out of my element and already lost I pretty much give up and he slows way down, but we come up on a few cars a few hundred feet ahead and I'm not about to go again in this situation. He then proceeds to act big and bad and speeds around them all and I drive like any sane person does in traffic.

I'm pissed that I didn't get a race.
I am so sick to death of these faggots that don't know how to race.
I am so sick to death of roll racing idiots too.

Why can't people go from a dig?? What's so hard about that!? What's so hard about lining up with someone instead of just going whenever they feel like it ESPECIALLY when the other person isn't ready or assumes they won't go!?

I'm pretty sure that given the short spance we had that I would have had him had he actually known how to race somebody but he would have been pulling probably at the top end.

It just pisses me off that this always happens now. Nobody goes from a dig, they wait until 30 and just nail it without warning after the other person thinks they are too pansy to race at all, when it's just that they are just unwilling to have a fair race, and from a dig.

From now on I'm just going to leave them behind with no chance of playing catchup. I'm going to launch hard and never stop. If they don't go when I do, they better hope we have a LOT of road ahead.

/rant.

MTN-DEW 03-04-2009 12:44 AM

yea that blows when ppl dont know how to race or they cheat you

especially sucks when someone you know is about 10 car lengths behind you and you are at a stop sign with noone around and they blow by you doin 60 and then let everyone in the world know they "beat" you but dont have no balls to race again....fair

LM97Z 03-04-2009 01:18 AM

You may not want to hear this, but i'm sure he knew what happened, then took advantage of it, it happens all the time in street races, unless there controlled (by a flagger), sure your PIST, but if you had the chance to do that too him, you would have i'm sure, Knowone likes 2nd. place in a dual race, but remember this, HE lagged at 1st., you had the upper hand but decided to let off (thats cool on your part), but when he got going, he kept going, but you let off (bad on your part), have you ever heard the old saying... "You Snoozzz, You Loose"!!! You should have taken advantage of that!!!

One thing i do agree on with you, RACE from a DIG, not a pussy roll, if you can't handle it, DON"T race :D

ROWDYZ28 03-04-2009 01:28 AM

For starters not all people that don't know how to race are faggots. Secondly, there's a time and place for roll racing and it serves a purpose in certain situations. Wouldn't life be boring if there was only "ONE" type of racing??? I really feel for you that you are in a area surrounded by "roll racing faggot idiots." Now about your spinning issue...learn to drive your car and maybe you would stand a better chance. Until then, stick to roll racing "Faggot" :)

gregrob 03-04-2009 02:02 AM

roll racing is for supras

LT1 03-04-2009 05:37 AM

Don't care if its roll race or dig. Just don't let off! What LM97Z said, you snooze you loose!

I had it happen to me. Guy in a mustang kept reving at a red light when it turned green he stood there, but I launched it hard and kept going. I say if they pick a fight don't back down just nail it and look in your rear view mirror.

IMgettingLS1 03-04-2009 06:59 AM

same thing happened to me in a s r t 4, dumbass sits there reving looking all retarded and doesnt go when it turns green, then he screamed i have to go from a 30 roll my car spins too bad, well it had to be completly stock cause i could hardley hear the blow off and my dodge held him off till we let out at 80, but he was right on my rear

BTC 03-04-2009 07:48 AM

There really should be a regulatory body for street racing. I wonder if the police would be willing to serve in that capacity.

Formula350 03-04-2009 08:13 AM

Pretty sure you would've taken him anyways man :) When Acura debuted their lastest, I think it's the TL, they said that it's "Their most powerful car ever". Which kind of surprised me till I researched the NSX. Sure enough, the NSX doesn't have squat for HP and TQ! They're apparently a joke, as far as "Supercars" go. From tests I've read, they don't corner as well as others and their lack of power is only slightly made up by their higher revving engine.

LSWHO 03-04-2009 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by ROWDYZ28 (Post 11173349)
For starters not all people that don't know how to race are faggots. Secondly, there's a time and place for roll racing and it serves a purpose in certain situations. Wouldn't life be boring if there was only "ONE" type of racing??? I really feel for you that you are in a area surrounded by "roll racing faggot idiots." Now about your spinning issue...learn to drive your car and maybe you would stand a better chance. Until then, stick to roll racing "Faggot" :)

Sorry, didn't realize I was going to offend one.

baylove 03-04-2009 10:22 AM

lol dont worry about it stuff happens

chavez885 03-04-2009 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by ROWDYZ28 (Post 11173349)

hahahahaha

ss.slp.ls1 03-04-2009 01:55 PM

They are actually pretty quick cars. When I was completely stock on street tires, I race one from a dig a couple times. I'd get the lead off the line, but he walked me both times once we got moving. His car looked stock as can be. But the OP has headers, stall, and a tune, he would have worked that NSX.

1redta 03-04-2009 03:10 PM

There really should be a regulatory body for street racing. I wonder if the police would be willing to serve in that capacity
:D

I know the cops seem to be there every time I am acting up:mad:

njnsxguy 03-04-2009 03:36 PM

I"m a car dealer and I actually have an LS1 TA and an NSX and the NSX is no joke I was running 13.6 stock before I modded and tuned her, as for handling it's one of the best cars I've driven, and I've had the oppurtunity to drive alot of cars.

PNYKLR-TA 03-04-2009 03:52 PM

personally i think NSX's look like a supercar from the late 80's. Just something about them that makes me throw up in my mouth everytime i see one.

lt1performer 03-04-2009 05:44 PM

when i worked at acura i got the chance to work on a nsx and drive it. the nsx is a great looking car but not worth the money for a 6 cylinder. ill stay with chevys

Project10AE 03-04-2009 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Formula350 (Post 11174108)
Pretty sure you would've taken him anyways man :) When Acura debuted their lastest, I think it's the TL, they said that it's "Their most powerful car ever". Which kind of surprised me till I researched the NSX. Sure enough, the NSX doesn't have squat for HP and TQ! They're apparently a joke, as far as "Supercars" go. From tests I've read, they don't corner as well as others and their lack of power is only slightly made up by their higher revving engine.

I had one, and you have no idea what you are talking about...

According to the op's sig... it would have been a fun race to watch

Formula350 03-04-2009 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by njnsxguy (Post 11176741)
I"m a car dealer and I actually have an LS1 TA and an NSX and the NSX is no joke I was running 13.6 stock before I modded and tuned her, as for handling it's one of the best cars I've driven, and I've had the oppurtunity to drive alot of cars.

From my understanding from posters on the site, a stock LS1 will easily do a 13.6-13.8. We've had factory freak LT1s do 13.7 (can't remember the guys name on here). Doesn't seem all that exciting[the NSX] for a $60K (in 1991, which compared to a Vette is at, or over, double the price) to $88K (in 1997, again well over a Vettes price tag) "Supercar". And I'm not bashing it for it being an import, I think the S2000 is a spiffy car (even if I beat one with my 91 5.7 TPI :nod:) and some of the recent Acuras have some spunk.

Originally Posted by Project10AE (Post 11178252)
I had one, and you have no idea what you are talking about...

According to the op's sig... it would have been a fun race to watch

According to a few others, I apparently don't :eyes: Facts are facts though, at least in regards to the HP being laid down. Most made was 290hp, newest Acura TL with AWD puts out 305hp.

As for the handling, I'm just going off what a benchmark using something like 5 to 7 cars resulted in. The driver said he thought the NSX was very sluggish (handling, not speed), and it dropped way behind the C5 Vette. To no surprise, the Mini Cooper S handled best and behind it was whatever Lambo that was being tested. The handling test was in the Slalom. It's 0-60, 0-100 and 1/4 time wasn't in the top 3 either, any sort of numbers on them though has been overwritten in my memory. This is something that's classified as a "Supercar" remember >_> I just consider it an expensive sports car, otherwise F-Bodys should have the Supercar nomenclature, and yet even the Vette doesn't (but is gaining ground).

EDIT: haha Apparently it's not a Supercar anymore, well at least according to whom ever submitted some info on it to Wiki. It's just a regular old Sports Car like us :P

Elliott's94Z 03-04-2009 07:31 PM

Nsx = weak sauce. The price tag on these cars is some of the funniest shit I have ever seen. At that sticker price them seats better have a built in vagina to love me long time.