Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Suzuki Bandit 600 vs. 2001 WS6

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 01:27 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suzuki Bandit 600 vs. 2001 WS6

So i had a bit of an interesting race yesterday...well, not really a race but close. My friends dad just bought a 2001 WS6 from a bank that had been repo'd. apparently it was a bracket car. its supposed to be good for low 12's, im not really sure whats done to it. i know it has CAI, headers, a mild cam and cutouts. its a 6 speed.

so were cruising through town, im keeping my distance but i buck at him every once in a while to gauge some interest. keep in mind he has no idea that i have a bike, and he knows i want to run. were cruising down a decently long, straight road at 20 mph, im behind him. i see him glance in his rearview and he punches it. with no time to react, i roll onto the throttle hard in 3rd gear, which isnt a great spot for me( 3rd gear at 20 ). so he slightly pulls ahead and slams 2nd, im just getting into the powerband on my bike. so were going about 60 and im at about 8 grand in 3rd when he slams third. the car gets a little sideways and he stays on it for a few seconds, then backs off.

overall, id say he probably gained about 3 lengths on me from 20-80, me starting 2 gears high. so he pulls into the gas station and i flip up my visor and hes like holy **** dude, i didnt know that was you! next warm day that were both off work, were gonna line up from a dig and see how well i can hang.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:38 AM
***Repost Police***

To be honest his car is probably fast enough to beat you in the 1/4 and pull you hard from a roll. But you should still race him, all in good fun.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:19 PM
Launching!

high roll, he would most definitely get me.. but i should be able to get him in the quarter. he didnt pull me that hard at all and my bikes solid up until about 120, then it stops pulling pretty much.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:31 PM
12 Second Club

looks to be a low 12's bike with an experienced rider if i looked up the right bike, im totally not a bike nut and just searched suzuki bandit 600S, drag times said jeremy gaines ran a 11.9, so i'd say low 12's with a decent rider. and if the WS6 is low 12's it should be a good race especially from a dig if you can laugh violent.