Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

98Z vs 99 WS6

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98Z vs 99 WS6

I was heading to a buddies house last Friday night and ended up having a WS6 get next to me that wanted to play. We got on the outskirts of town were there is a long strait stretch of road.

We went from a roll twice and we both missed 3rd the first time (lol), but then we went again and as soon as I hit 3rd I started pulling pretty good. I signed him to pull over so we could chat. Find out his is a 99 and he has a borla catback exhaust, a 212/218 cam (fresh motor w/ 1400 miles) and an aftermarket lid setup for his WS6 hood but he said was having issues with his cats. I told him what mods I had and I don't think he believed me. I popped my hood and all of that and we chatted for a few minutes. We decided to play a little more but mainly from a roll because neither one of us could really hook up in 1st or 2nd.

From various mph rolls, I always pulled him pretty good once I hit 3rd. I put about half a car on him and was still pulling so I shut it down. I figured I'd lose with him being cammed but I somehow managed to pull him. We did end up at a stoplight and he reved up for a launch but I babied it off the line because there was no way I could hook for **** so after that I was done. I turned around and went to my buddies house.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

motor proly isnt broken in yet maybe?
Old 03-16-2009, 02:52 PM
TECH Regular

I think he is in desperate need of a tune probably.

Last edited by Sicko; 03-16-2009 at 03:01 PM.